Chapter 18

After lots of groveling and pleading—and one gorgeous wool scarf later—Kelly was agreeable to the idea of James staying with us. It wasn't actually that much pleading and groveling, and the scarf was really more an early Christmas gift, but I was extra sweet and conciliatory over the next few days, sweetening her to the idea of my boyfriend living with us.

God I was missing the boy. He'd called me when he made it back to Downey, and we talked for a long time until the conversation got a little steamier. Thinking about it now, I blushed pink at how what started with a conversation with how much we already missed making love to each other, escalated to touching ourselves while we moaned and panted over the phone, egging the other towards an orgasm. I didn't even know it was possible to get that turned on just by the things he was saying to me and the sound of him pleasuring himself. It made me tingle even now. 

"I miss you Jamie," I whispered out loud since there was no one was in the apartment to hear me.

On Thursdays, I had classes in the morning and Kel had classes in the afternoon and into the evening. Since I was feeling blue, it was nice to have the place to myself, especially on a rainy early December day. 

Just then, the doorbell rang and I cursed the mystery intruder. Debating whether to ignore it, I finally dragged myself off the couch and went to answer the front door. Peeking through the peephole, for a moment, I was in stunned disbelief before tearing open the door and literally jumping into James' arms.

"Yer here!" I yelped as I hugged him. "I can't believe yer here!"

He laughed as he pulled me in tight, the familiar sound making my heart soar. "Told ya I'd be back soon."

I leaned back so that I could look up at him. I knew I had the biggest shit eating grin on my face. "I missed you. I know I sound like the clingy girlfriend type, but I missed you so much."

He ran fingers over my cheek as he gazed down at me, his eyes bright with joy. "Aw Leila, I ain't even gonna try and pretend like I haven't been missin' you just as bad. I got my shit taken care of as quick as I could...I needed to see ya again, make sure you hadn't changed yer mind about us...about me."

I knew he was teasing, but there was a little bit of apprehension in his tone. Rather than try and convince him with words, I decided to show him instead.

"I love you Jamie, yer stuck with me," I whispered the words against his lips before settling my mouth on his, my hands sliding up his chest to wrap around his neck.

He groaned into my mouth as he pressed one hand at my back to hold me tighter against him, while the other slid down to cup my ass, squeezing gently. Within moments, we were breathing heavily, hands and lips touching and caressing with insatiable need. Half aware of our public display, I blindly stepped backwards into the house, keeping my hold on him as he let me lead us inside, his lips never losing contact with where he was devouring my neck. Somehow I got the door closed behind us before gently pushing James against it, my hands finding their way under his shirt to the smooth skin underneath.

"Baby"—he sucked in a shaky breath—"do you even know how fuckin' good it feels when you touch me? I haven't been able to think of anything else the last four days. I could almost feel yer hands on me and I'd get so hard I couldn't think straight. It was hell bein' away from ya Leila."

"You better fuck me then Jamie," I breathed hard against his ear while nibbling on an earlobe.  "Relieve some of that...pressure."

"Fuck yeah," he grunted as he moved away from the front door, grabbing my hand as he led us to my bedroom.

Clothing, shoes and underclothes flew in all directions as we gave up any pretense of taking things slow; the need in both of us was running too hot. Scrambling onto the bed, I watched with hungry eyes as he discarded the last of his clothes.