ONE

[ Narrator's POV ]

"What if I still miss her in a year?"
Was the question the broken hearted boy had asked the group's genius, Min Yoongi.

The eldest of the group sighed, placing a hand on Jimin's shoulder, mentally thinking, "my shoulders are wider."

He put aside his thoughts, wanting to comfort the crying man beside him.

He took a deep breath, the others waiting for some wise words to come out his mouth. Jimin was in desperate need of them.

He pauses, mouth wide open.

Jungkook and Taehyung shared confused looks, wondering what Jin had planned.

"Did he forget what he was going say?" Taehyung thought.

"What kind of a stupid question is that?" Jin finally spoke, shoving the man's shoulder. Jimin was weak, he had cried for hours without end, missing the love of his life. Due to his weak state, Jimin allowed his body to fall on the bed with Jin's shove, crying harder than before.

"What if I still miss her?" Jin poorly mimicked Jimin like a five year old at a playground. "Of course you are. If you really do love her, you'll never stop missing her." He was more serious this time.

After walking through the door with tears rolling down his cheeks, he told his members what had happened. He told them the horrific words he'd told Molly. And his solution was to avoid her for a year. To unlove her just like he'd lied to her that he already did.

Jimin's wails became louder. He knew Jin was right. Although Molly was not the first person he fell in love with, she last person Jimin would be in love with. His love for her was incomparable to anything he'd felt before. But he pushed her way. He pushed away the greatest love in his life. He couldn't forgive himself.

"Hyung," Namjoon become worried. Although Jin was right, he was only hurting Jimin more. What Jimin needed was comfort, not an 'I told you so' from his members. "I don't think you're helping."

"No," Jungkook shook his head, arms crossed over his chest as he looked down at Jimin. Jungkook didn't feel sorry for Jimin. He was angry at him, and sorry for Molly. "Jin-hyung is right. It's Jimin's fau-"

Knowing where the sentence was headed, Taehyung punched the younger's chest, shaking his head as a sign for Jungkook to stop.

Jungkook rolled his eyes, turning on his heal to sit at the desk chair in Jimin's room.

He was tired of seeing Jimin cry over his own doing. He couldn't understand why Jimin pushed Molly away after claiming he loved her. Jungkook thought Jimin's actions were cowardice. In Jungkook's mind, she deserved to be fought for, not told that she wasn't loved.

"Jimin, I think you should talk to her." Hoseok's voice was soft and comforting, flowing so naturally from the group's sunshine. "Explain to her why-"

"No." Jimin shook his head furiously against the pillow. "You should have seen the look on her face." He lifted his head, meeting the eyes of Hoseok.

Jimin shook his head once more as the memory of Molly breaking in front of him haunted his mind.

"I broke her." He whispered to himself, but the room was quiet enough and everyone heard the pain and regret in his voice.

Jungkook had enough.

He abruptly stood from his chair, causing it to hit the desk and knock a few of Jimin's belongings and earning all the attention.

With his chest heaving up and down and hands balled into fists, he left the room, shutting it with a loud slam.

Soft sighs and Jimin's sobs filled the room.

"You guys probably hate me." Jimin cried into his hands.

"No, we don't." Namjoon sighed.

"Maybe a little." Hoseok half joked, earning death glares from the boys.

"As I was saying," Namjoon grit through his teeth. Namjoon thought carefully about what to say to Jimin. His main priority was to stop the bleeding while being truthful about their feelings. It wasn't an easy task. "we just think you could have handled things better."

"You know," Yoongi bobbed his head sarcastically. "without breaking her heart." He exclaimed.

The boys all shared the same feelings. It was like they had broke up with Molly too. Although they didn't love her in a romantic type of way, they still loved her very much. They grew fond of her authenticity and the joy she brought to each of them.

Although they didn't lash out at Jimin like Jungkook had already done, they were still very mad at Jimin for hurting Molly so deeply.

They feared that they'd lose her as well.

The room was silent again. The boys were gathered, waiting for Jimin's next move.

What would he do? Will he call her back? Tell her he's sorry? Beg for her forgiveness?

All Jimin could think of was the look on her face, the brokenness in her eyes when he'd told her he didn't love her anymore.

He didn't want to hurt her anymore.

"It's best if I stay away from her."

||

a.n

What do you think?

This is immediately after the last chapter from Star Crossed Lovers.