TWENTY SEVEN

October 25

[ Molly POV ]

As soon as I step out the car, the camera's begin to flash their lights as they try to capture the best picture of me exiting the car.

As I walk along the red carpet, photographers call my name, asking for me to pose for their camera. I do as I'm asked, taking multiple pictures in different poses and finally enter the venue.

The soft ballroom music filled the air, lifting the bodies gathered on the dance floor. The crystal chandeliers that hung from the ceiling reflected their glow upon the room. Woman bathed in crystals like snow glistening under the sun, laughing happily with their groups. Men were polished over in their black suites and ties of different designs and cloths, their noses pointed up as they spoke to other men about their greatest assets and accomplishments.

Every face was painted with a smile, laughs escaping lips, legs dancing to the music, glasses of wine or champagne at an arms reach.

I scanned the room, searching for a familiar face. Unable to find someone I knew, I walk in, my heels clicking against the marble floors.

Heads turn in my direction, bodied move, creating a path and people smile. I smile back, shaking hands with those who approach me and nodding at those who wave from a far. Having no idea who half of these people are, I keep a smile, finding my place at the refreshments table.

I pick up a glass of champagne and take a sip of the bubbly liquid, hoping I'd gain some courage to talk to anyone in the the crowd.

Why didn't I get a damn plus one?

"Hey." A voice speaks from behind me. I turn my body in their direction, making contact with a pair of chocolate eyes.

"Hi." I smile, pulling the man into an embrace. His strong arms wrap around my waist, pulling my hips to his. "It's been a while."

"It has." He agreed into the shell of my ear "You look beautiful."

I pull away, feeling the blood rise to my cheeks and my ears. I laugh shyly, pushing a loose strand of hair away from my face.

"Thank you. You look handsome." I return the compliment. I take a sip of the champagne, trying to fill the silence.

Don't be awkward, Molly.

"How have you been?" He asked, picking up a glass for himself.

"Great." I bob my head. "I've been busy with work, but we do what we do because we love it, right?"

"Agreed." He chuckled. "Maybe I could hear what you've been working on. Opening for your concert was really awesome, but we didn't really get to spend a lot of time together."

"I'm sorry about that." I apologize, remembering why. I was with Jimin and we'd been fighting constantly. I wasn't really in the mood.

"No," he shook his head. "Don't worry about it." He smiles at me, placing the wine glass down. "You can make up for it with a dance."

He extends his arm out, palm open for me. I look down at his large hand, his fingers adorned with silver rings.

Breathing in softly, I take his hand, putting the glass of champagne down. His hand curls around my small one, his warmth seeping into my skin. He guides me to the dance floor where we stand at the center of the dancing couples.

Gently, he pulls me closer by snaking an arm around my waist while the other holds my hand. My hand rests on his chest while the other grips his, following the movement of his feet.

He breaks the silence with a soft laugh, looking down at his feet. "I'm sorry. It's just... I'm not a great dancer."

I smile, seeing the way his cheeks became pink and his ears were burning red. "It's okay." I take a step closer, pushing myself against his body. The action shocks him, and his eyes meet him.

"I was a dancer." I tell him. "I took a few ballroom classes, so don't worry."

He smiled at me, his hand slowly lowering down my back. My breath gets caught in my throat as I feel his hand never stops. I finally feel like I can breathe again when his hand stopped just before the curve of my bottom.

My skin tingles as his warm breath hits my skin from how close he is. My heart rate increases at our close proximity, my eyes on his pink lips. They're nothing like Jimin's, but they are here and now.

My body craved the warmth of his hands on my body as they explored every inch of me. How could my body deceive me into wanting something I don't? I was lusting for his body, not his heart and soul. I wanted to feel pleasure, not feel love. Or at least not from him. Because my heart only desired one soul, one heart, one man. Jimin.

But Shawn is in front of me now when I need to fill my lust.

||

Stunning look tonight from Hollywood's queen, Molly Rose

Molly Rose and Shawn Mendes we're caught leaving the ball early, hand in hand as he lead her to his car

Molly Rose and Shawn Mendes we're caught leaving the ball early, hand in hand as he lead her to his car. The both walked closely together, hiding their faces from the camera men as they asked questions about their relationship status.

They could be just friend, but they could be more. Do you guys ship Shawn and Molly?

||

a.n.

Have a wonderful day, sweets!

Love, me xx