EIGHT

August 18

[ Molly POV ]

"What's been on your mind, momo?" Jungkook poked my cheek with his index finger, calling me by the pet name he'd come up with about a year ago.

I pulled my gaze away from the passing cars, staring at Jungkook's side profile. Both his hands were on the steering wheel and his eyes were fixed on the road.

"It feels different being back here."

"What do you mean?"

I sighed tucking the loose strand of hair behind my ear. "This might sound like I'm jealous or selfish, but seeing the way Joy walked into your home today made me realize how distant I've become." I pause, staring at the road ahead. "I used to walk into your house like it was mine and now I feel like a guest."

"Are you sad you're not the favorite anymore?" He jokes, a smile forming on his lips.

"Jungkook!" I shout, slapping his arm. He softly chuckles, bobbing his head up and down.

"Molly," Taking one hand off the wheel, he holds my hand in his, giving it a soft squeeze. His large hands were warm and inviting. "you'll always be our girl." I stayed quiet, watching from the corner of my eye as he turned to look at me. "Even when we all have girlfriends, you'll always be ours."

"... even when we all have girlfriends." His voice echos in my brain.

It was the first time the thought of Jimin moving on crossed my mind.

"Okay?" Jungkook squeezed my hand. I simply nod.

"You know we love you, right?"

I think about what he had said and sudden realize what he had actually said.

"Wait," I narrowed my eyes at him, pulling my hand out of his abruptly. "What do you mean 'are you sad you're not the favorite anymore'?" I question, putting emphasis on 'anymore'. "Am I not the favorite anymore?" I raise an eyebrow.

He giggles, trying to find my hand as he keeps his eyes on the road. "Momo, that's not what I meant." He laughs, trying to lace our fingers again.

"Hmm." I hum teasingly. "I guess Joy has your heart too." I laugh.

"Molly!" Jungkook chuckles and I finally allow him to hold my hand.

"It's okay, though." I smile, thinking about Joy. "She's got my heart too." I giggle, thinking about how close we've become after she started dating Joons.

Jungkook laughs, shaking his head softly. "I'm serious, Molly." He pauses, meeting my eyes quickly before staring back ahead. "We love you."

||

a.n.

Sorry about the short chapter.

I'll update soon :)