THIRTY NINE

December 4

[ Narrator POV ]

The audience stood quiet as the seven members took their places on the stage. The hurt and pain the seven members were in radiated from their body, filling the venue with a gloomy atmosphere. Every person in the room could feel it. They felt empty, hopeless, alone.

One of their own had fallen and was battling for their life.

"Everyone," Hoseok says. He tried forcing a smile to his lips, trying to live up to his name. Hope. But it was what he was lacking the most. He felt hopeless. "I'm sure you've all heard the tragic news."

The crowd responds, shouting softly in harmony. Hoeseok's smile falls, feeling the emotions he'd been hiding all day overpower his effort to keep a strong front. He'd been holding it back all day, but it was his emotions were too strong.

"I'm sorry." His voice cracks as the tears stream down his face. The crowd cries along, wanting to take his hurt away. "It's been hard for us and we need you more than ever."

The crowd responds, their encouraging words being thrown at them like arrows at a target.

Feeling powerless, Hoseok turns away from the audience, wiping his tears away as he end his speech.

"We can all agree that these past couple of days have been extremely difficult for us." Namjoon jumps in to save Hoseok as he couldn't finish his speech. "But we want to thank you for being here for us. We hope you continue to support us through this short break."

Namjoon tried smiling through his broken heart, but fails. His tear stained cheeks puff up as he looks down in a hurt smile. The crowd softly hums, wanting to wrap him in their arms and take his pain away.

 The crowd softly hums, wanting to wrap him in their arms and take his pain away