FOURTY THREE

December 15

[ Molly POV]

"You'll experience some signs of post-traumatic stress. It's normal." The surgeon said after a short evaluation.

Once the surgeon left, the boys stayed and kept me company while being gentle around me. It wasn't long before Namjoon accidentally pressed unfamiliar buttons to the bed control and my bed became unstable. While my body was still under some pain, they were like a healing potion.

Soon after, my parents arrived. They cried. Then I cried. And then we all cried some more. But in the midst of all commotion, my body was exhausted and I fell asleep as they spoke among each other.

I close my eyes, and it's like I'm reliving the experience. Every inch of my body feels the impact and emotion.

The moment the car came into contact with the side of the door, I thought for sure I was dead.

All I wanted was to scream, but I remained glued in my seat, watch as the car neared us. In an instant, the car had made contact the door, my body jerking in the seat as my bones and muscles were crushed from the impact.

Everything turned silent, and the sound of glass shards hitting the floor was made prominent along with my bones cracking. Soon, my head jerked around, hitting the headrest in front of me and making contact with the window.

That's when everything went black.

I regained consciousness when I was being rushed into the emergency room. The only faces surrounding me were those of the doctors. None of that mattered because the aching and cracks in my bones were like being tortured with rocks. The metallic taste of blood lingered on my tongue as blood pooled from my head.

I gasped for air, wanting to speak, but my lungs were being crushed by my broken rib cage.

The pain was so strong, that eventually, my body became numb. Soon after, I was unconscious.

I wake up in a pool of sweat, my chest heaving uncontrollably as I gasp for air, and my bones hurting under the sudden movement.

My mouth quivers as I try to speak and call for help, but can't. Instead, I bury my head in my hands, sobbing from fear.

I thought there was no escape.

I couldn't breathe and my heart was racing. All I wanted to go was curl into a ball, waiting to be saved.

A pair of strong arms wrap around me like a blanket, pulling closer into their chest and rocking me softly.

"Baby, you're okay." Jimin coo's, his lips pressed against my temple as he plants small kisses. "It was just a bad dream."

At the sound of his voice, everything falls away. All fear and anxiety are restored with clarity and calamity. On instinct, my body relaxed under his hold, and a sigh of relief escapes my lips.

"I thought you left," I whisper, melting into his arms and molding into him.

"Never."

_

"Where are you going?" I managed to ask through the dryness in my throat. I reached for Jimin's hand, his warmth instantly wrapping around my small hand.

"I'm not going anywhere." He smiled at me, softly pulling away until he was no longer in my grasp.

He walked towards the couch against the wall, pulling a hoodie over his head before walking back to me. I scooted over in on the hospital bed, giving him enough room to lay beside me.

He fit himself beside me, pulling me into his chest gently. I winced silently as I pulled my injured leg closer to him.

"Did I hurt you?" He instantly pulled away, his eyes filled with worry. "I'll call the nurse."

"No." I held his bicep, pulling him back. "I'm fine." I smiled at him.

Before getting comfortable, he stared deeply into my eyes, searching for any indication that I was not okay. He nodded his head, falling back under me.

We stayed quiet, letting the city lights surrounding the hospital illuminate the room through the large window.

Jimin's rhythmic heartbeat was calming as his fingers ran up and down my arm, wordlessly telling me he was there and he'd never leave. His arm snaked protectively around me, holding me like a father holding his newborn.

"Molly." His voice was soft, delicate like a rose petal flying in the summer breeze. I close my eyes, wanting to hear the beautiful music of his voice.

"Hm?" I hum, my fingers tracing unfamiliar circles on his chest.

"Speak to me." He whispers, his voice barely audible if not the late hour.

"Why?" I furrow my brows, craning my head to look up at him.

"Because I've missed your voice." His eyes soft reddened around his coffee orbs and glossed over with tears.

"Jimin." I smiled. His own smile reached his eyes before they did his lips. "I love you."

Soft chuckles escape his lips, melting my heart. I laugh at his cute giggles, losing my self in a new world. A world of just him and I.

His hand reaches my cheek, caressing my milky skin. "I love you." He leans in, planting a peck on the tip of my nose.

He pulls away, but it wasn't enough.

"Another one." I smile, closing my eyes, ready for his lips. He chuckled a sweet melody before his lips met my forehead.

My eyes remained closed and after a moment his soft lips met my cheek, then the other, then both my eyelids before they finally connecting with my lips.

Heaven met earth. Heaven is here as his warm lips touch mine, so sweet like honey. I smiled against his lips, feeling his against mine.

"I'm never- never going to let you go." His whispers as a drop of warmth fall on my cheek, rolling down the smoothness of my skin. I open my eyes, seeing beads of water escape his eyes.

I wiped his tears, kissing his lips one last time before laying my head on his chest.

"I know."

He began humming a soft melody, and I let my heavy eyes lids falls close. His honey voice filled the air with a melody that was familiar. I couldn't make it out until he reached the chorus.

"I want you to be your like baby.
You should be your light." Jimin sang.

||

a.n.

have an amazing morning, afternoon, or night <33

Xx
-me