FOURTY TWO

December 15

[ Narrator POV ]

"Jimin," Namjoon shook the sleeping boy gently. When he saw Jimin's eyes flutter open and stare into his own dark orbs, he spoke softly. "I'll watch her. Go home and rest."

Jimin immediately sat up, shaking his head as his fists rubbed his tired eyes. "I'm fine." Jimin answered, tenderly holding on to the soft hands laying over Molly's stomach. "Mrs.Rose came early to take over for a while."

"Jungkook said he saw you come home." Namjoon said, taking a seat next to Jimin. They both sat silently, watching as Molly breathed slowly, looking as peaceful as ever. "You need proper rest, Jimin."

Jimin softly shook his head, his fluffy hair bouncing on top of his head. His thumb stroked Molly's hand, wishing she'd squeeze it softly like she had been doing these past few days.

"I don't think I'll be able to sleep properly for a while." Jimin's voice was so low, Namjoon had to lean into the smaller man.

Namjoon knew Jimin was stubborn when it came to Molly, so he just nodded his head, wanting to comfort him instead of lecturing him.

"Good morning, beautiful." Jimin whispered to a sleeping Molly, a soft smile forming on his lips at her angelic features as they glistened under the morning sun rays streaming into the open windows.

He waited a second, and she responded. A soft squeeze of his hand from Molly's and Jimin knew he heard her. His smile deepens, feeling his heart fill with hope at her small action.

My baby's fighting.

On her fourth day in a coma, Jimin began speaking to her. He'd cry to her, apologizing to her for hurting her and reminding her of how much he loves her. On the seventh day, her finger moved at his voice, and it was like Jimin's world had seen the sun again. On the tenth, her fingers softly curled around his hand, and on the twelfth day, she squeezed his hand at his voice.

"My queen, my love, my world, my everything." Jimin whispered to her. "Wake up, baby."

And everyday he'd request for her to wake up.

But she'd never responded.

Except today. Today, a shiny droplet of salty water escaped her eye, rolling down her silky smooth cheek.

Jimin instantly reached to caress her cheek, wiping the warm tear from her face. He shushed her tears away, whispering softly. "Don't cry, babygirl. You're not alone."

The door opened softly, and a vibrant cherry was poking inside the small crack of the door. Finally, the whole head made an appearance, revealing Jungkook with 'o' shaped lips.

Namjoon waved at him, signaling for him to enter quietly. Jungkook walked in with four more members tip-toeing behind him like the seven dwarfs.

They made themselves comfortable on the couches, watching Jimin whisper into Molly's ear.

_

It was night, and per usual, the boys gathered around Molly's bed, munching on dinner Molly's parents had made for them.

It was a sad routine the boys had gotten used to: gathered around Molly as she slept, trying to lighten up the mood. They felt bad for laughing, they felt like it was wrong. Wrong for smiling when one of their own couldn't.

"Did you see that?" Hoseok shouted, immediately standing from his chair and pointing at Molly.

Everyones head's turned, staring at the girl as she slept. When they saw no movement, they asked Hoseok what he had seen.

"She smiled and then she blinked." He said, running to the side of her bed as he held her hand.

Jimin, who was already sat on her bed, held her hand, squeezing her muscles gently.

"I swear she did. I'm not crazy." Hoseok looked up at Jimin's hopeful eyes. "It was-" his lips slowly curved upward, his pearly whites sparkling. "like she was laughing with us."

Jimin's hand stroked her head, pushing her hair back softly. His eyes shinning with hope and love.

"Maybe you should kiss her." Jin broke the silence. "Like sleeping beauty or Snow White."

Jin instantly laughed, his windshield wiper laugh filling the room. The other's laughed along, slapping his broad shoulders at his comment.

Jimin laughed softly, his eyes never leaving Molly's face.

In the midst of their laughter, her eyes fluttered open, her long lashes meeting her brow bone, giving full view of her doe, caramel as they stared up at a shocked Jimin.

A gasp escaped each mouth, eyes wide open directed at Molly.

Upon seeing her beautiful brown orbs, Jimin felt the pieces of his heart being put together. His eyes watered, and his heart pounded against his chest powerfully. It felt like years since he'd seen her eyes. They were big, looking up innocently at Jimin.

"Jimin." She whispered through her dry throat.

He thought his heart would explode from joy. He could once again breathe normally, because he saw his everything in her eyes.

"I'm here, baby." He softed cooed, a smile on his lips as he caresses her pink cheek.

"Holy shit!" Jin's voice boomed through the room, filling the silence and claiming Molly's attention.

"I'll call the doctor!" Namjoon shouted, running out the room.

She was suddenly bombarded with question from everyone in the room, but before she could let out a sound, the doctor rushed in.

"You're awake."

||