THIRTY

October 31

[ Molly POV ]

"Oh, come on!" I whine, tugging on Joy's sleeve.

She sighs, pulling her arm away from me. She runs her slim fingers through the silkiness of her black hair, undoing any knots.

"I just wanna stay with the boys." She smiles at me before walking out of the restroom. "Besides, I promised Seulgi I'd call her tonight."

I pout, crossing my arms over my chest as I follow her. A bit of jealousy crawled up to my heart, squeezing it gently. Although Seulgi's never done anything to me, she's still a big part of Joy's life. Not to mention Jimin's life. I just felt left out. I felt like at anytime, something could go wrong and they'd all side with Seulgi.

I huff in defeat, slapping my hands to my thighs as I give up trying to convince Joy into coming to a Hollywood Halloween party with me.

"Fine." I give her an understand nod. "I should go get ready, then."

"Have fun, babe." She smiled, following me out to the living room. "And be safe."

After saying my goodbyes, I head home to meet Lacie. She's accompanying me to the party tonight.

I wasn't much of a party person, but tonight was a must. It was the biggest and most luxurious party of the year. Why? Because it was being hosted by Hollywood's biggest celebrities in the most expensive mansion in LA.

_

My hand hugged the valet man's hand as he helped me out the car. My cloak pooled on the floor behind me and I tugged at the hem of my black pleated mini skirt as I realized people had fixed their attention to me.

The music was loud enough to be heard from outside the mansion. People held cups in their hands, bodies swaying to the rhythm of the music as they stood under the stars.

Lacie linked her arm in mine and we approached the mansion, my thigh high heals clacking against the marble floor of the mansion's front yard.

My heart raced when more people began noticing my presence. People stared, creating a path for us as we approached the mansion. They whispered in each other's ear, trying to be discreet, but it only made them louder.

They whispered rumors about my dating life, my change in style, or my Harry Potter costume designed to look a little seductive. I didn't really care about their whispering, because most of it was positive. People are just curious and nosy.