FOUR

August 16

[ Molly POV ]

I sat backstage with Joy by my side, her arm linked with mine. The staff has kindly allowed us to sit and watch from the privacy of a space created just for us. We were hidden from the fans and most importantly, BTS. We had a perfect view of the members.

I smiled at the familiarity of the situation. The scene before me- large stage, fans chanting with their army bombs in the air, and the members giving their best performance- opened the floodgates of memories, taking me to a time when Jimin would look back at me and send me a secret heart or a gesture of love.

Unfortunately, there weren't very many of those memories. Some time while we were together, Jimin stopped wanting me at his concerts, so I stopped coming at his request.

Looking back at it now, I realize how stupid I was. I should have realized when I was starting to lose him; when he was starting to fall out of love.

"It'll be over soon." Joy shouted into my ear over the music. "We should head to their resting area."

I nodded, letting her guide the way through the halls to their resting area.

Unable to control our hunger, we starting picking from the snacks laid out on the table for the boys.

"Fuck it." Joy shrugged her shoulders before she opened a cup of ramen.

We spent the remainder of the concert in the privacy of the resting area eating ramen. Joy talked about the mini vacation we had planned with the boys after the tour was over, but all I could hear was the soft ticking of the clock, stealing away the minutes before I'd see Jimin.

I wasn't feeling nervous... until now. My leg twitched up and down at a rapid pace and my fingers tapping away on my bare thigh as I tried to steady my racing heartbeat. My cheeks were stained pink, screaming 'hot mess'.

My nervousness took over my consciousness and I hadn't noticed when a staff member came into the room to notify us that the members were already on their way here. So when Joy stood to her feet squealing 'surprise', I found myself unable to speak and scared out of my mind. I just stood to my feet, forcing a smile through my chattering teeth.

My eyes landed on Kookie's widened eyes which mimicked his widened mouth. The smile on my face became real at the sight of my best friends.

"Molly!" He ran to me and lifted me into his arms. If I hadn't been wearing a skirt I would have wrapped my legs around his waist, but I didn't, allowing them to swing above the ground.

"Hey Kookie." I patted his back softly, hoping he'd put me down so I could greet the others.

Joy stood next to us with her hands wrapped around Joon's neck as he hugged her.

Jungkook finally put me down, allowing me to greet Yoongi, whom I hadn't notice because he stood behind Jungkook. Being the small figure that he was, he had completely disappeared when standing behind Jungkook.

"Aren't you just so happy to see me?" I teased before pulling him into a hug.

"Of course, because I was totally miserable without you." He spoke sarcastically into my ear before pulling away.

"Hey." I laughed, punching his chest playfully. "I don't like your sarcasm."

"If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask a stupid question." He replied, walking past me lazily to the couch.

The next to walk through the door were the loudest of the group, Jin and Hoseokie.

Once their eyes landed on me, they both ran to me, squishing me between them as they pulled me into a little group hug.

"Molly!" Jin fake cries, resting his head on mine. "I missed you."

"Me too!" Hoseokie adds, patting me hair. "It's been a long time."

"It's been a month." I laugh, not knowing where to put me hands because I was squished between boys men.

"Too long!" Hoseokie finally pulls away, allowing me to breathe in fresh air.

"Jin hyung, let me hug Molly." Joons spoke.

"Oh, Okay." Jin said sadly, unwrapping me from him.

"Finally!" I laughed as Namjoon pulled me into his chest. "You forgot I exist as soon as you saw Joy." Namjoon chucked, his chest vibrating under my head. "I was the surprise."

"Opps." Joy chimed, softly giggling.

"Thank you for being here." He pulls away, gripping onto my shoulders. "I'm really happy to see you."

"Me too. You should thank Joy." I pointed at her with my chin. "She's the one who-"

Tae's voice interrupted me as he shouted me name while walking through the door. He pushed Namjoon aside, pulling me into his chest while he pet my hair.

"My child," he spoke softly like speaking to a baby, rocking me from side to side. "we've been apart for too long."

"It's been a month." I laugh, wrapping me arms around his waist.

"Too long!" He whined, exactly like Hoseokie.

"That's what I said!" Hoseokie shouted and we all erupted into laughter.

"By the way," Jin interrupts. "She's my child."

The laughter died down, and I was the only one left with a smile on my face. The atmosphere in the room had done a 180, leaving me confused.

"What..." I trailed off, following the direction of their stares.

That's when my eyes landed on Jimin. His body remained frozen at the door, his expression unreadable. His eyes were focused on me. The intensity of his stare scared me, making the hairs at the back of my neck raise.

Since he clearly wasn't going to say anything, I built up the courage so speak up myself.

"Hi, Jimin." I gave him a soft smile while I was still wrapped in Tae's arms.

"Hey, Molly." He replied, not returning the smile.

It was the first time I'd seen in a year.

||

a.n.

Are you guys reading the #SAVE_ME WEBTOON?