NINETEEN

September 25

[ Molly POV ]

"What did you wish for?" Joy bounced, clapping her hands as she waited for the answer.

"If I tell you it won't come true." I smiled, cutting the cake into pieces.

"I want a piece with a strawberry!" Tae raised his hand.

After everyone was given a slice of cake, we sat on a blanket laid on the grass. We shared stories and laughed for hours as the sky above us became darker and the stars shined brighter along with the moon.

"I love September birthdays." Joy smiles, holding her knees to her chest as she looked up at the sky.

"Thanks." Kookie, Joons, and I said in unison. Our eyes darted to each other before bursting into laughter.

_

The boys insisted on picking up the mess since it was my birthday, and left once the house was squeaky clean.

After taking a relaxing bath, I changed into an over sized shirt and plopped myself on the couch with a glass of wine as I scrolled through birthday wishes from friends, family, and fans. I liked and retweeted fan edits and replied to as many as I could.

"Cute." I said out loud as I read the messages to myself.

The smile on my faces dropped at the sound of the doorbell ring. Checking the time on my phone, I got up to answer the door, wondering who would be here at one in the morning.

As a little girl, my birthday wishes never came true, yet I still made a wish when I blew out the candle. But today, the birthday wish god seemed to be on my side, because when I opened the door, my wish was standing in front of me.

"Jimin-"

"Happy birthday." Jimin smiled weakly, hands shoved in his pockets.

I did know how to act. First of all, I was shocked that my wish had come true. Second, Jimin was standing on my porch at one in the morning.

"Um-"

My thoughts were a tangled mess as they fought between each other as I decided whether to let him in or not.

"It's late," he stepped back. "I should go-"

"Stay." The words had already escaped my lips before I could take them back. I mentally slapped my forehead, thinking I was the biggest idiot. I closed my eyes, not wanting to see the look on his face when I said, "stay." Once more.