•49•

Hoseok had a really hard time falling asleep.

Maybe it was the because Taehyung's single bed wasn't made for two people, and because Tae's foot was digging into his back. They've made the arrangement work before so why wasn't it working right now? He didn't mind sleeping with Tae, even though the younger was like a boa constrictor when he was knocked out.

Jimin had gone back to his room, despite his protests. Hoseok was happy to see the two of them talking again but there wasn't enough room on the bed for three people no matter how small Jimin claimed he was.

He had also noticed how wary Taehyung was regarding the idea of letting Jimin sleep with them. Hoseok may be glad they were talking again, but it was hard to miss the tension in the room, and how quickly Jimin had gone back to being clingy again.

Try to sleep, he tells himself. There's time in the morning to think of these things.

Every time he tried closing his eyes, General Min's face appeared in his head. It was like having an annoying song stuck in your head except it was just someone else's voice saying the same thing over and over...an it wasn't that annoying.

'A kiss might be though.' A kiss might be enough to repay him, the general had basically told him. Meaning the general didn't mind a kiss from him.

'You're handsome. Especially when you dance. Can't stop staring cause you're so handsome.'

Hoseok was glad it had been dark when the general said that because he had went flushed with chagrin at those words. Heck, he was madly blushing right now just by recalling them in his head.

It just reminded him that he didn't hear compliments like that very often.

He played that scene through his head over and over again, imagining different ways he could have responded other than just running away. He had no idea what he thought about the situation.  Was the general confessing to him? Did he have any interest in Hoseok or had he said Hoseok was handsome just as a drunk compliment?

Hoseok places the pillow to his face. He needed to sleep and he needed it now before his thoughts would wander any further.

Still, what would the general be like as a lover? He wonders.

It was silly of him to think of such a thing. The general had been drunk, people say silly things all the time when they're drunk. Perhaps he was just overthinking the whole matter.

If Min Yoongi liked him, what would he do? What could he do?

He shook his head in defiance. He was overthinking.

"Hyung?"

Hoseok almost jumped out of his skin as he heard the low, grumbling whisper. He looked down, saw Taehyung looking up at him with drowsy eyes, chin buried into Hoseok's chest.

"Sorry Tae, did I wake you?"

"You're moving around too much," Taehyung yawns, raising a hand to rub his eyes with the heel of it. "Woke me up. Are you okay?"

"Yeah," he says as calmly as he could, "Just thinking about some stuff."

"What kind of stuff?"

Hoseok bit his lip. Taehyung's skin seemed pale compared to its usual sun-kissed glow, he looked far skinnier than when he came into the palace for the first time and by taking all of this in, Hoseok realizes how silly he's being thinking of the general when little Taetae was much more deserving of his concerns. He shouldn't be thinking of Min Yoongi's drunk antics, he should be thinking of ways to help Taehyung.