•61•

Seokjin chucks the gun at Han Yookyung with all of his strength. A part of him starts doubting his life choices as soon as the gun leaves his hand and he curses himself for not (at least) trying to shoot the gun. Who the hell just throws a gun?

He does. And he can't believe his luck when the action catches Ha Yookyung off guard and the gun yacks her right in the face. Seokjin silently thanks the heavens that actually worked and takes this opportunity to dart past the soldier and sprint up the stairs.

"Yah!" she shrieks from below. Seokjin doesn't look back, doesn't slow down. He just runs even when he hears the bullets go off and just brush past him.

Bad idea to basically give her another gun.

Making it outside, Seokjin doesn't stop. Stopping once could mean the death of him. And several people have already made an effort of keeping him alive. His feet push themselves, he's on automatic mode, completely fueled by adrenaline. He sees no one as he runs. The courtyard is empty.

Why the hell is it empty?!

He spoke too soon, someone appears around the corner, someone in a military uniform, a guard. Seokjin is already sighing in relief until a bullet slams into the guard right as he catches sight of him. It slams right into his head, making him fall back. Seokjin feels sick but doesn't stop to check on him even though his conscience was killing him for it.

Maybe now he thanks the courtyard being empty. Another person dead because of him was the last thing he wanted. 

Still, where was everyone? How come no one is reacting to the sound of bullets?

He's thinking too much as he runs, thinking of a plan, anything that could help him. What day is it today? Was it still the day of his funeral? Was everybody still mourning? Did they all move to another palace?

No. He thinks to himself. Lee had said something. Something about Seokjin yesterday ruining his plans, meaning—

The Q&A. Today was the Q&A. That meant that everyone must be at Geunjeongjeon Hall, at the other side of the palace. Yeah. That's it. That's where he needs to go.

But he can't go through the courtyard, he's too exposed, too out in the open.

Underground. It's quicker to get there underground. The tunnels.

The air zinged, a bullet slams into the ground beside him. A near miss, but he keeps moving, finally finding his feet again after freezing from the initial shock but now cutting sideways in a zigzag pattern. He glances back over his shoulder just once. Shit. She's too close. He needs to disappear. Now. 

He ducks behind Gyotaejeon Hall. It was the closest thing to him. It gave him a few seconds to think. Gyotaejeon Hall was the queen's quarters. And where there's a royal family member's quarters there had to be an entrance to the underground safe room.

He starts knocking on the tiles like crazy as he had seen Namjoon and Soobin do before. He's desperate now, feeling that at any moment Han's daughter was going to blow his brains ou—

Found it. There's a tile that sounds hollow.

Huffing, he chucks it away. He's about to jump in just as he sees Han coming around the corner. Nope. Seokjin launches himself down, holding on to the ladder for dear life as he scurries down. Then runs once his feet hit the ground.

He has no idea where he's going. He can't see a damn thing. All he knows is that he keeps bumping into walls and the sound of feet running behind him is so loud that he feels like that crazy woman is going to find him soon.