•50•

By the fifth day, Taehyung is well again. He doesn't even believe it himself but Doctor Song is already disconnecting him from the machine and there was no longer room for any doubt. 

Jungkook had made every meal for him for the last five days. Three times a day, Soobin would knock on his door and bring in the tray. Hoseok and Jimin would sit next to him to keep him company while he ate, both of them looking at him with proud looks on their faces when he finished.

"I'm glad you recovered well," Doctor Song tells him as she sets the machine aside. "I'll still be monitoring you closely, of course, but you've made a huge improvement." She smiles at him. "You should be proud of yourself for getting through this."

Taehyung nods, clutching at his arm where they've removed the connections to the machine. He picks at the small hole where the needle once was, it itches.

Jimin is on him in seconds, wrapping his arms around him and hugging him close. "I'm so glad, Tae." Taehyung lets him. He's solved one problem in his life already, but it was too soon to start solving another.

Doctor Song leaves them. Hoseok and Jimin hang around a bit longer before they head to their rooms to shower and get ready. Taehyung gets ready as well and hangs out outside his door while his friends get ready. 

Being outside again was a weird feeling. The sun is blinding, the air however feels lighter around him, fresher. He closes his eyes and takes it in.

"Oh, Taehyung-ssi!"

He opens his eyes, squinting as the sun's rays hit his eyes. The king was walking in his direction, taking long strides towards him with a smile on his face. He stops right in front of him, eyeing Taehyung up and down then has a quick look of relief on his face. "You look a lot better,I'm glad." he states, smiling softly. "Do you know if you're completely cured yet?"

"I think so," Tae says. "I started eating other things along with what your brother made for me." It had been difficult at first.

The king nods, the smile still on his face. "That's good to hear."

"Yeah, thank you," Tae says, "for the medical treatment and all that."

"It's the least I could do." His smile fades a bit. "I couldn't save your brother after all."

Right. Sometimes Taehyung forgets he was there but he still remembers how the king had turned and ran as soon as he found out Seokjin had still been inside. Taehyung hadn't been allowed in no matter how much he begged the guards, so he was forced to wait, he silently prayed. 

But one look on the King's face and he knew. He understood. 

That part still felt weird to him. The guy standing before him was a man with power, the man with the most power in the whole country. Yet he looked absolutely devastated leaving the place that night, like he had lost his world.

Taehyung could relate since that person had also been his world.

Now here they were, both breathing. Perhaps not fully alive. Just because you're living doesn't mean you're alive. But they were getting there. Taehyung was sure that both of them were readjusting their worlds. 

He's about to say something, when the stack of papers tucked into the king's arm catches his attention. It has Seokjin's name on it.

Namjoon notices his staring and follows his line of vision. "Oh," he says, bringing the papers forward. His voice grows softer, "These are for the funeral. Last minute preparations." He pauses before adding, "I was kind of hoping you'd get better so you could attend." He hands the papers out to him. "Check it and if you want to add anything else let me know."