Chapter 49

BROOKE'S POV

"Nash where are we going!" I scream while franticly watching my surroundings.

"You'll see!" Nash says while laughing and I sigh.

"Brooke dont worry I know this place like the back of my hand. We'll be fine I'll protect you," Nash says and grabs my hand.

"Okay fine," I say in defeat. The fact that Nash knows this place makes me feel 100 times better.

Nash and I are walking for what seems like miles.

"Nash are we there yet?" I groan while snapping a twig.

"Yes we are almost there. Are ypi tired?"

"Yes! I'm hoping I'll be fine when I go to the doctors tomorrow for my last check up."

"Get on my back," Nash says while bending down. I gladly accept the offer and Nash continues walking.

After about 15 more minutes we get to a tiny pond.

"We're here!" Nash says with excitement.

"We walked like 10 miles just to come to s tiny little pond!" I say, we could've spent our day actually having fun. I'm tired and I want to sleep.

"Come on Brooke! It was like 2 miles and I carried you for some of the

way." Nash says. I roll my eyes and look away from Nash. He's such a little kid, like it's adorable.

I turned my attention back over to Nash. He had a stick with a really sharp end and he was stabbing the water.

"What the hell are you doing?" I ask while giggling.

"Frog gigging! I told you I was a country boy at heart. This is what me Hayes, Will, and my dad all do for fun at night. We came down with flashlights and a bag. Its really fun I'll teach you how to do it," Nash says while scratching the back of his leg.

"Nash you may not know this but when Sam and I were like 12 we would go down to a pond and do this. When we had the frogs, we would cook them. It was so much fun, and thanks for the offer."

"Offer?"

"To teach me how to gig," I say with a giggle while taking his stick.

"Okay country girl," Nash says standing back. I slightly raise one eyebrow and turn my attention to the pond.

After minutes of searching, I found him. Oh he's mine. I quietly walked behind him and stabbed the frog right in the neck.

When it was dead I ripped the stick out of it and handed it to Nash. Nash stood there with wide eyes.

I have the frog by its hind legs.

"What?" I giggle.

"Nothing continue."

I roll my eyes and hit the frog on a tree. The first smack everything came out of the frog. It was so nasty but I'm used to seeing it because I always used to do this.

A part of me feels bad for killing innocent animals. Oh well. God I'm a terrible human being.

I throw the frogs body on the ground and walk over to Nash.

"Jeaz Brooke, I didn't know you could do that. Now gimme the stick its my turn."

"Go for it."

After Nash and I bring back childhood memories of frog gigging, we start to walk out of the canyon.

When we are in about 10 minutes of the walk, I hear my stomach rumble.

"Naaaasshh I'm starving! Let's get food!" I complain.