Hoonghwa (1)

-Ateez Hongjoong And Seonghwa
-Hongjoon's plans didn't go quite like he thought they would.
//requested by seoular-system//

——

Seonghwa thought he was crazy. Over the course of the past couple weeks, Seonghwa noticed Hongjoon's absences. He noticed the awkward, distant behavior from the younger. Of course he started thinking he did something wrong. He thought back and realized what must have happened. He talked to Hongjoong about marriage.

The boy silently cursed himself, saying he shouldn't have brought up the topic, especially when they were only in the early twenties. As soon as he realized this, he immediately went to his friend Yunho's house, needing advise and someone to rant to.

He made it to the younger's house, thanking god for having such a great best friend. The younger opened the door and welcomed him inside. He was also friends with Hongjoong and also noticed the elder's odd behavior.

"I ruined our relationship! I know I did." He said, Yunho pushing him on the couch and sitting next to him. He shook his head as well, patting the older's thigh.

"I don't think you did! What exactly happened anyway? You only gave me vague details over the phone yesterday?" Yunho asked, sitting back on the couch, watching Seonghwa pull at his hair. He removed the older's hands from his hair, setting them down on his own thighs to stop him.

"Well, a couple weeks ago, Hongjoong and I were having dinner and I may or may not have brought up the topic of marriage. I don't know. You know I have always wanted to get married. I think I maybe have scared him off or something because he has been distant lately. He doesn't spend as much time with me like usual and I just-" Seonghwa started ranting, but stopped himself. He sighed deeply, resting his head in his hands. Yunho pat his back and spoke up.

"Talk to him. Ask him what is going on. I mean, you have been dating for about, oh I don't know, five years? He won't break up with you then and there. Especially like that out of the blue. Just talk to him and ask him what is going on." Seonghwa nodded, leaning back.

"I will. Thanks Yunho." He ran a hand through his hair and smiled softly at his tall friend.

"Really no worried. Now stop stressing and go get your man. You're going to start worrying me if you stress anymore. It's not good for your health!" Yunho said, standing up. He watch Yunho stand up as well. Patting him on the back, Yunho walked Seonghwa to the door and shooed him out.

Seonghwa thought about what to say his entire way home. He never was really fond of confrontation, even with people he knew and loved. By the time he thought of anything to say, he was home and to his luck, Hongjoon's car was in the driveway. He took a deep inhale of the fresh air l, feeling a single raindrop hit his face, before walking up the stairs and going inside.

He opened the door and took his shoes off, walking further into his shared him with Hongjoong. He went to search for the younger boy, and found him sitting on the counter, drinking some water.

"Hongjoong?" He asked, his voice becoming almost a whisper with how nervous he was.

"Mhm?" The other hummed, not even glancing at his boyfriend.

"Are you Okay?" He asked, showing himself entirely. This time Hongjoong looked at Seonghwa, admiring his beauty for a split second before nodding.

"Yeah, why?" He asked, getting off the counter and setting the water bottle on the counter top.

"I don't know. You just seem really distant and awkward with me for the past couple of weeks." He admitted, fiddling with his fingers behind his back. The awkwardness of the situation finally settled into his mind, causing him to feel extremely small. Hongjoong was giving him a dark glare.