Marriage or Ritual

Hii friends, thank you so much for your votes and comments. Here is the next part. Hope you all like it.

  Khushi knocked the door of his cabin." May I come in sir."

Arnav nodded his head. "haan. Now tell me what did you decide about this marriage or do you want some more time". He asked immediately as soon as she entered his cabin. 

Khushi walked near him calmly." I'm ready for this marriage Arnavji". She said looking into his eyes determined. For a moment Arnav was shocked, confused and what not. He never thought that Khushi will agree for this proposal when he clearly states that he will never love her. 

He quickly composed himself." Are you sure about this decision. You don't need to do anything for me". 

Khushi rolled her eyes. "Here I'm loving him from the past ten years. Still he asks me this question". She murmured to herself. Arnav looked at her weirdly. He cleared his throat. 

Khushi looked at him and smiled. "I'm sure about this decision. But I need a favor". She asked him. 

Arnav clench his fist." She is going to demand luxury as soon as the marriage proposal comes. All the girls are same. Every one just needs the money". He thought in his mind." What was that." he asked bitterly. 

Khushi closed her eyes and said it in a single breath. "Can I call you Arnavji in office too". She is afraid about his reaction. 

For a moment Arnav's mind went blank. He never thought that she will demand something like this. What. He asked once again to confirm. But on seeing the look on Khushi's face he knows that he heard right. 

He quickly composed his rude face. "No". He replied. 

Khushi pouted looking down while he continued." You can call me whatever outside the office. But here you are just my employee. Never forget that". he said in a strict one. 

Khushi nodded her head." Laad governor. How can he be so mean. Mark my words mr. Raizada one day you will ask me to call you Arnavji by your own. Till then I will call you sir only." She said in her mind determined. She giggled imagining the situation. But seeing the glare of Arnav she quickly covers her mouth and looked down. 

Arnav continued." One more thing Ms. Gupta. I don't believe in marriage. So obviously I won't take part in any kind of rituals. If you want to marry me. then be ready for a court marriage". He said without any emotion. 

Khushi looked at him wide eyed. Like every girl she too have the dreams about her marriage. From her childhood she always dreamed about a fairy tale wedding and her prince charming swipe her off from her feet. She never wanted a court marriage.

" But Arnavji each ritual is a blessing. By performing each of them the marriage becomes more sacred. Please Arnavji." She pleaded him. 

But arnav didn't listen to her. I had given you a choice Khushi. you can back off from the wedding. There is no pressure. But when you agree to marry me you have to chose between me and the rituals." Arnav smirked. He knows that Khushi always needed a fairy tale wedding. 

That's why he implemented this plan here. He can never back off from the wedding because of his mother and if he says Khushi to back off, she will report that directly to his mother. Which obviously brings more threats to him. So he just played a safe game here. He knows that Khushi values each and every rituals. So he demanded a court marriage hoping that Khushi will reject the marriage because of it. But he didn't know that for Khushi Arnav is important than every ritual.

Khushi closed her eyes thinking for a moment." I'm ready for the marriage". She said looking at him. 

Arnav looked at her startled. "What did you say."

She smiled a little. "You heard me right sir. I'm ready for this marriage". She repeat it one more time." I know why are you doing this. But I will never back off. One day you will realize my love and I'm ready to wait for that day". She thought in her mind. 

Arnav stands there speech less. He never thought that Khushi will accept a marriage without the rituals. Now he can't escape from the marriage. The same reason makes him helpless and angry. He curtly nodes his head. 

"You can leave now Ms. Gupta." He turned back to his file. 

Khushi sighed and left the cabin. "This Laad overnor is really a though nut to crack". She said to herself. 

**************************************************************************************

At night

Ratna shouted at Arnav hearing his decision." What the hell are you saying Chote. How can you marry without the rituals".

This time Raj too joined her." Your mom is saying right chote. Marriage is not a joke. Each rituals have it's own value. How can you deny it". 

Arnav rolled his eyes." Mom. It's my wish. See i'm ready to marry just for you. if you want to see this marriage you guys should respect my wish. I had already discussed it with Khushi. she don't have any problem in this. Now the decision is yours". He marched to his room leaving his parents open mouthed. 

Ratna and Raj looked at each other helplessly. "What will we do with him Raj ji".Ratna sighed sadly. 

Raj consoled her." don't worry Ratna. Khushi bitiya will definitely change bis views. I'm sure about it. She is the perfect girl for our chote".