28

"Ready to go see Daddy?" I cooed as the flight attendant walked away after informing we that we were about to land

My Mom, Wesley, and I all left Charlotte at eight this morning to go to Los Angeles. My Mom insisted on taking a private jet because Wesley was so young and because my Mom liked private jets.

She tagged along to help us get settled in Los Angeles for the first time.

I was lucky that Wesley slept through most of the flight, but she still got fussy at some points.

Going back to Los Angeles was nerve-racking. So many things were going on like paparazzi being everywhere, doing my first gig post-Wesley, and Ev finally graduated - a month ago. But we were finally celebrating it properly.

He chose not to walk the stage because of the attention and he wanted to go back to Charlotte. On top of that, he'd been going back to LA more regularly for work, which where he was now.

Over the past three months, I'd been back to Los Angeles twice for business but without Wesley so paparazzi weren't too interested.

Even though I loved the months I got off to bond with my baby girl, I missed performing and modeling.

Most of all, I missed Los Angeles.

Charlotte was home, but there was only so much to do there.

"So what's your day looking like?" My mom wondered, "Are there groceries at the house?"

"I have a meeting with my team at one then Drew wants to go to the beach at four to catch up, but I don't wanna leave Wes." I explained, "And yes, I sent Ev a list of everything that we like and need."

My Mom fixed her makeup in the mirror before she faced me, "I think you should go to the beach, Ev can watch her. He hasn't seen her in almost two weeks, they need to catch up."

I nodded my head in response, she had a point.

I held Wesley tighter as the plane landed.

"Can you call Everett?" I asked my Mom as I put Wesley in her car seat

She grabbed my phone and began clicking away.

At least she was asleep, but for how long?

I didn't even want to think about all of the clicking and yelling from the paparazzi.

I could just stare at her forever.

She had Ev's eyes, my nose, and my head shape. She looked like a little angel when she was asleep.

"Hey, what's up?" Ev said over the speakerphone

"Hey, baby, we just landed. You have the car seat base put in and everything?" I asked him

"Yeah, we're set. It's a little busy out here, but I have Raymond and friends behind me." He informed me

Raymond was Ev's security guard and thank God for that.

"I'll just try to get her in the seat quick, I just don't want her to get overwhelmed and upset," I explained. I put a blanket over the car seat and picked up the phone

"I'll push the luggage on the cart, you just worry about her." My Mom assured me

Luckily, one of the flight attendants agreed to walk with us to the car to help out.

As we walked throughout, the airport my heart was beating so fast.

I tried to calm down, but I already knew there was a tornado waiting outside no matter how much Ev tried to downplay it.