16| Not Alone

Kylo went to his room. He placed Darth Vader's burnt helmet on a small table. He sat facing it. Then he stared at his grandfather's mask. He tried to awaken his senses to the Force. He listened closely for the voice that he had heard.
Hux would not interrupt him this time. Kylo had made sure of that, for he had bolted his door shut behind him.

 Kylo had made sure of that, for he had bolted his door shut behind him

Rey was in her room. She took out the broken lightsaber. She held it in her hands and looked at it. For the first time as she looked at it she saw it not as something that was broken, but as something that could be fixed.

She looked at the place where she had hidden the Jedi manuscripts. She wondered if one of them would help her fix the broken lightsaber. They held all of the secrets of the Jedi, surely how to fix a lightsaber world be one of them.

She carefully sat the lightsaber down. Then she went over to the compartment. She opened it and took out the Jedi manuscripts. She sat down at her desk and began reading them.

Kylo sighed, he had been waiting for several minutes, but had not heard the strange voice, or felt the strange feeling in the Force

Kylo sighed, he had been waiting for several minutes, but had not heard the strange voice, or felt the strange feeling in the Force. Suddenly he remembered how he had reached out with his feelings in his TIE silencer, using the Force to sense Rey's presence in the X-wing. Maybe he needed to do the same thing to hear the voice again. He felt that the voice had something to tell him, something important.

Kylo closed his eyes and reached out with the Force.

When he opened his eyes he was surprised to see Rey sitting in front of him. She blocked his view of his grandfather's helmet.

At first he could not see her surroundings when they had Force connections. Except when he had touched her hand. Then it had felt like their bond in the Force had been so strong that it had brought him across the galaxy to where she was. It felt like he was really there. Kylo was glad Rey hadn't tried to blast him then, he was sure that if she had, it would have actually hit him that time.

But now he was finding it difficult to even see his own surroundings, all he could see was her. He was sure that if he focused hard enough he could see his own surroundings, maybe even hers. But suddenly, he didn't want to. She was the only thing he really wanted to see. It was like being in a dark tunnel, the only thing he wanted to see was the light at the end. Or looking up at the night sky and only seeing the stars, not the things that filled the empty space between them.