33| The Force Will Guide You

They were near their destination, so Rey returned to the cockpit to help Chewbacca land the Falcon.

She sat down in the pilot's chair next to Chewbacca.

"Did you have a nice practice?" Chewie asked her in a series of growls.

Rey hesitated. "Yes," she answered at last.

Chewie gave her a questioning look.

"I saw Luke again," she said, quietly.

Chewbacca continued to stare at her, feeling that she had more to share.

"And I saw Ben," she went on. "Everyone says that I should just kill him the first chance I get. I've had plenty of opportunities to do just that, but every time I feel that it's not right. I feel that the Force still needs him for some purpose. He says that Ben Solo is dead, but I can still feel him trapped within Kylo Ren. Maybe I'm just weak. What should I do, Chewie?"

Chewbacca replied in a series of growls. "I could have killed him if I wanted to. But he's my family, I love him just as much as I love Han and Leia."

Rey nodded sadly.

Chewie growled again. "Talk to Luke, he would know what to."

"Thank you, Chewie," she said. But she was a little unsure, remembering how he had reacted the last time she tried to convince him that there was still good in Ben.

Chewbacca growled again, pulling her from her thoughts. "We're approaching Ganeron."

Ganeron was a planet in the outer rim. The planet where allies of the Resistance needed her help. But she knew that it wouldn't be long before she and the rest of the Resistance would need their help.

The Millennium Falcon came out of light speed. Just ahead of them was a dark blue planet. From where she sat in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon, Rey could see that the skies of Ganeron were filled with dark gray clouds. It looked nothing like the dry planet of Jakku that she was used to.

Rey and Chewbacca flipped some switches and pressed a series of buttons. They moved the Falcon towards Ganeron.

As they entered the planets atmosphere, rain poured down hard on the windshield of the Millennium Falcon. It was so hard and thick that Rey could not see anything outside but raindrops.

"I can't see a thing!" she said.
Chewie growled in agreement.

The Falcon began to shutter and Rey feared that they would crash. How could they fly the ship if they couldn't see where they were going.

"The Force will guide you, Rey," she heard Luke's voice remind her. This time it didn't startle her.

She closed her eyes and let the Force guide her. She took the controls and moved the ship just in time to avoid crashing into a mountainside.

Chewbacca watched as she moved the ship with her eyes closed. Then she brought the ship down to land safely on the ground. He was very impressed.

He growled excitedly. "That was amazing!"

"Thank you," said Rey.

Chewbacca growled again. "How did you do that?"

"I used the Force," she replied.