Strong Enough

Rey looked at Ben. "Please wake up." She said. "We need you, I need you."
But he didn't move.
"Please, Ben?" She said.
Just then, he gasped and opened his eyes. He looked around frantically, then calmed down as he saw Rey sitting beside him, watching over him. He had been worried that she was hurt or had left him, like the past two times he went unconscious. But she was still here looking over him.
"Rey," he whispered.
"I'm here." She whispered.
Ben squeezed her hand. "Thank you, for staying with me." He said, then he looked around. "Where am I?"
"You're safe," she answered. "We're in the castle on Naboo."
"Did your friends make it?" He asked.
"Yes, Thanks to you." She replied. "I'll be right back."
Rey stood and began to walk away, but Ben gripped her hand even tighter. "Don't leave," he pleaded.
"I'll come back sweetheart, I promise," she replied gently, and Ben slowly released her hand.
Rey walked a few paces away, then stopped to look back at Ben. He was watching her go, she smiled at him, then walked away.
"He's awake," Rey told Leia.
"Excuse me for a moment." Said Leia.
Queen Natalia nodded, and Leia left the command center.
Leia walked over to where Ben lay. As he saw his mother approaching, his eyes lit up, but quickly filled with tears.
"Ben," said Leia.
"Mom," he answered and tried to sit up. He was still weak and struggled to do so. Rey put her hand on his back to help him.
"Ben, I'm so glad to have you back." Leia knelt down and hugged her son.
Ben wrapped his arm around her. Then he began to cry. "I'm so sorry." He sobbed.
"I know," Leia answered. And Ben knew that she meant that she still loved him even though he had done terrible things.
"You shouldn't forgive me," he said.
"I'm your mother, of course I forgive you." She answered. "It wasn't you, it was Snoke. He pulled you to the Dark Side."
"I'm sorry, I wasn't strong enough to resist the Dark Side." He said.
Leia released him from her hug and looked into his eyes. "But you were strong enough to come back to the Light."
"It was Rey who brought me back to the Light." He said.
Leia smiled at Rey. "For that I shall be eternally grateful." She said.
"Me too," Ben agreed.
"How did she get you to come to the Light Side?" Leia asked.
Ben looked at Rey.  She smiled at him. And he smiled back at her. "It's a long story." Said Ben. "Do you have time?"
Leia looked at the group of leaders standing in the command center. "Let me check on things for a moment first." She said.
Ben nodded. "I know they need you." He said.
"So do you Ben. I'm sorry I sent you away." She said.
Ben nodded.
"Can you forgive me?" She asked.
"I'm the one who should ask you that question." Ben answered. "Can you forgive me, please."
"I already have." She answered.
"Thank you," he said. Then he reached out his hand to her, and she took it. Ben reached into his pocket with his other hand. He took out his father's dice. He placed them in his mother's hand.
She looked down at them, and squeezed Ben's hand. "He would have wanted you to have them." She said.
Ben smiled sadly at his mother, then returned the dice to his pocket.
He looked at the group of leaders. "Save the Resistance." He told his mother. "I'll be okay by myself for now. The First Order has to be stopped. I've seen what they can do, and I've helped them do it."
"I will," she said. "But you don't have to be alone."
"What do you mean?" He asked.
Leia stood and smiled down at her son. "You have Rey," she said. Ben smiled in return, a smile that was filled with happiness and hope. Then Leia walked over to the other leaders.
Rey smiled down at Ben, her eyes filled with affection for him.