49 | They're Here!

Just as Rey had begun to walk away from Leia so that she could keep her promise to Ben, when an alarm sounded. She turned to look back at Leia.

Poe came running over to them. "It's the First Order..." he said, breathlessly. "They're here!"

Rey knew that she couldn't leave her friends to face the First Order alone. She would have to wait to fulfill her promise.

Poe looked at her. "Kylo Ren is with them," he said. "You know that you will have to be the one to face him. Are you prepared to do that?"

Rey tried to mask her emotions, but Leia knew why she was feeling. Rey didn't dare to speak, knowing that her voice would give way to the storm of emotions she was feeling. But she gathered her courage and nodded.

"Good," Poe replied.

Rey walked away and looked out of a window. She couldn't stop the tears from coming down her cheeks. She knew that she would have to fight Kylo Ren, but she didn't want to hurt Ben. She wiped the tears from her face.

Finn noticed her standing by the window. She was one of his closest friends and he was worried about her. He came over and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Are you ready?" he asked her.

Rey took a deep breath. She knew she would have to face Ben. She wasn't sure she was ready to do that. But she took out her lightsaber and nodded to Finn.

Out side, the First Order shuttles landed on Naboo. Kylo Ren, Hux and Phasma existed one the shuttles followed by a group of stormtroopers.

Kylo Ren was unmasked, he wanted to hide his true feelings. But he knew that Rey was here, and he wanted her to see him for who he truly was, not for the monster she had thought he was when they first saw each other.

Hux looked around cautiously. But all seemed quite, and Hux was beginning to doubt that the girl or the Resistance was on this planet. Ren was undoubtedly mistaken.

"Are you sure that the girl is here?" he asked Ren.

"Yes," he answered, he could feel her presence. He knew she was here... somewhere.

They approached the palace, slowly, followed by the stormtroopers.

"Ren, I don't think that the Resistance is here," Hux said.