Only Light Can Overcome Darkness

A moment later Rey heard a loud banging sound at the door. She grabbed her lightsaber and prepared to fight.
The door was ripped from its hinges and she raised her lightsaber. Only to find Chewbacca standing before her holding the unhedged door.
He gave her a concerned growl. 
"I'm okay," she answered. "But Ben's badly wounded."
She stepped out of the tie silencer. Then she raised her hand and gently lifted Ben out of his seat with the Force.
Chewbacca growled, offering to carry him for her.
"Thank you," she said, then she carefully lowered Ben into Chewbacca's arms. She gripped Ben's hand one last time then walked beside Chewbacca as he carried Ben away from the crash sight.
Upon seeing the figure being lifted from the crashed tie silencer, Leia froze at the sight of her son whom she hadn't seen in so long.
"Is he ...?" Poe began.
"No, he's alive." Leia interrupted. She could feel her son's life force in the seemingly lifeless form. "But he's been hurt badly."
Leia went over to Rey and Chewbacca.
Rey looked at Leia. "He's badly wounded." She said.
"I know," Leia said.
Ben stirred a little, both at his mother's voice and the words she said. Rey wondered if Leia's response of "I know," was also to tell Ben that she loved him in a way that only he would know what she meant. Rey smiled sadly at the thought.
"We need to get him inside immediately." Said Leia.
Rey nodded.
Finn turned to Poe. "That's the last time I'm riding in an enemy ship. Something bad always happens when I do. And then not only do you have to face enemy fire, but also fire from your friends." He said.
Poe nodded, but his mind seemed to be on something else. "He risked his life to save us." He said.
"Who?" Finn asked.
"Kylo ... I mean, Ben." Poe explained. "For so long I've hated him. And now he almost died saving us."
"Love," Rose answered, gesturing to where Rey continued to hold Ben's hand as Chewbacca carried him up the castle steps.
Finn nodded. "It's like what you said to me, Rose. This is how we win, not by destroying what we hate, but by saving what we love."
"What do you mean?" Poe asked.
"Rey hated Kylo Ren, just like the rest of us. But unlike us she could see the good in him. She loved Ben Solo. She could have destroyed what she hated, Kylo. But instead she saved what she loved, Ben." Finn explained.
Poe nodded and smiled. "You're right," He agreed. "Only Love can destroy hate. Only light can overcome the darkness."
Rose nodded. "Well said."
Just then the pilots of the crashed tie fighter came out and opened fire on them. Poe grabbed Finn and Rose's hands and pulled them to the ground, out of the line of fire. "Get down!" He said.
"Thank you," Finn and Rose said in unison. Then they turned to smile at each other.
Rey turned back to look at her friends who were under attack.
Finn saw her look back. He saw the conflict in her eyes. He knew that she wanted to stay behind to help them, but that she also didn't want to leave Ben's side. "Take care of Ben," he called to her. "We can handle them."
Rose nodded and grabbed her blaster. "He needs you," she said.
Finn and Poe also grabbed their blasters. They nodded to Rey, who nodded in return then fallowed Chewbacca inside the castle.
Poe, Finn, and Rose leapt up and fired at the two pilots. They hit the pilots multiple times and they collapsed to the ground.