50 | It's A Trap

Suddenly, Rey and the Resistance charged out of the palace, along with the people of Naboo, their allies, led by Enfys, and the adult slaves who were freed from Cantonica. There were at least five hundred of them all together.

Kylo, Hux and Phasma gasped in surprise at the army that flooded from the palace.

"Retreat!" cried Phasma.

Hux, Phasma, Kylo and the stormtroopers fled from oncoming enemy.

"Well done, Ren," said Hux, as they retreated."You lead us into a trap."

"Well, I found the Resistance didn't I?" he answered as they ran. "I told you they were here!"

"Well if your feelings were as good as you claimed, you should have warned us that we were about to be ambushed," said Hux.

"Maybe if you weren't so busy doubting my feelings, and distracting me, I would have sensed the Resistance," Kylo answered.

"I think it was your feelings that got in the way of your senses, not me," Hux answered.

They continued to run from the army. They fled into the woods near the palace.

"Phasma, send in the reinforcements," said Hux.

"Send in all of the stormtroopers on our ship," said Kylo. "Naboo has just sided with the Resistance."

Phasma called the command center of the star destroyer they had arrived on. She requested that all available stormtroopers come down to Naboo as backup as quickly as possible.

The stormtroopers around them readied their blasters.

Kylo drew and ignited his lightsaber. He looked at the approaching army.

"Fire!" cried Phasma.

The stormtroopers began to fire on the Resistance army. But the Resistance fired back.

As some of the Resistance got close, Kylo began to fight them off with his lightsaber.

Kylo was well equipped to face an overwhelming enemy force. But as he looked around, he could see that the stormtroopers were quickly becoming overwhelmed and outmatched by the unexpected Resistance army that outnumbered them at least ten to one, perhaps more.

"The reinforcements better hurry," he told Phasma.

"They should be here soon," she answered.

"Good," Hux said. He was not used to being in battles such as these, he was more accustomed to commanding the troops from the safety of his ship.