29| Dead Or Alive

Meanwhile, on Naboo, the First Order ships had been spotted.

A guard barged into the palace, where Queen Natalia and the Resistance were preparing for war.

"First Order ships have been spotted, your majesty," said the guard.

"They must have tracked us here," said Leia. "They have been looking for us every since we escaped."

"We can't let them find you," said Queen Natalia.

"But if they tracked our ship here, won't they know we're here?" Kaydel asked.

"They tracked Maz's ship here, and she's gone," said Leia. "They'll think we went with her."

Kaydel nodded. "You're right," she agreed. "As long as we stay out of sight, they won't know we're here."

"Don't worry," said Queen Natalia. "We'll keep you out of sight."

"Thank you," said Leia.

Phasma had prepared the fifty stormtroopers for the landing party. She went to the command center where Hux and Kylo Ren waited. "The landing party is ready," she told them.

"Good," said Kylo. "And do you have the reinforcements standing by?"

"Yes," she answered.

"Then everything is in place," Kylo said, putting his helmet back on. "Let's go."

Kylo and Hux followed Phasma to the assembled group of stormtroopers. Before they left for Naboo, General Hux quickly briefed the stormtroopers about the mission.

"We are all going down to Naboo to crush the Resistance once and for all!" said Hux.

The stormtroopers cheered.

"Today shall be remembered for their destruction," Hux continued.

And there was another cheer from the group of assembled stormtroopers.

"Now remember, the whole Resistance is your enemy. But that girl, that scavenger, is your greatest enemy."

Kylo looked at Hux. His helmet masked the surprised and worried expression on his face.

"She killed our Supreme Leader, and she must be captured dead or alive," he said.

Ben tried to stop himself, but he couldn't. I have to defend Rey, I can't just let them kill her. Especially since they are going to kill her for something she didn't do. I was the one who killed the Supreme Leader, not Rey. I killed him to save Rey, not to put her in harms way. I know what he have to do, he thought.

"ALIVE," Kylo interrupted, in a loud voice so that all of the assembled stormtroopers could hear.

Hux looked at him in surprise. All of the assembled stormtroopers began to bustle in surprise and confusion. They looked back and forth between Hux and Kylo, not sure who's orders to follow.

"I think I can turn her to the Dark Side. If I can, together we could make the First Order unstoppable," he told Hux in a quieter tone.

Supreme Leader is right, he does have compassion for her, he thought silently.

Then he heard a voice in his head. It was the voice of the Supreme Leader. "That is why I cannot take control of his mind, that girl has begun to take hold of his heart. She is pulling him to the Light. We need to act quickly before he leaves the First Order and the Dark Side for her. Then we won't be able to stop them. I fear she will soon turn him to the Light Side, if we do not act quickly. I know now what I must do, I cannot reach his heart but she can."