No One Else Could Love A Monster

"Join me... scavenger... or I will kill everyone you love, the Resistance, your friends... your precious Ben." Rey could hear Snoke's voice in her mind.
"No!" she yelled sitting up in bed. She heaved a sigh of relief, it was just a nightmare.
"You really think that his heart belongs to you, foolish child. He is mine." His voice appeared again.
She reached out and pulled her double sided lightsaber into her hands and ignited it. She looked around, she couldn't see him, but she could feel his menacing presence. "No he isn't, he is bound to me and I to him, we are one in the Force."
"That may be child, but you can't keep me out of his mind. It was I who pulled him to the Dark Side. My voice that has filled his ears since he was an infant, it was me who filled him with fear and darkness."
Tears filled her eyes, thinking of how this monster had tormented him his whole life. "I hate you!" Rey screamed angrily.
"You hate me? But Kylo...your Ben is nothing without me."
"Not to me," she answered definitely. "I love him for who he truly is, I can see past the monster that you tried to turn him into."
"But he is a monster, you said so yourself."
"He's not the monster, Snoke you are!"
Snoke's evil laugh filled the hut. "You love him?"
"With all of my heart."
"Are you willing to die for him?"
A tear slipped down her cheek. "Yes."
"Then I will give you a chance to prove it scavenger." As he spoke the words, his dark form appeared before her, cloaked in shadows. He turned to leave the hut, and she knew that he intended to hurt Ben.
As she stepped out of the hut rain poured down on her. She peered through the rain drops to see Snoke walking towards the hut where Ben was sleeping. "Stop!" she yelled.
Snoke turned to look at the girl as she ignited her double sided lightsaber, it's blue light illuminated her face. Snoke snickered. "He made that saber for you... didn't he? I knew that he had a weakness... compassion for you. What he, a dark prince sees in you... a filthy scavenger, I will never know."
"I won't let you hurt him!"
"You think you can stop me, foolish girl?"
"Or die trying," she replied, then she lunged at him, twisting her lightsaber like a tornado.
Snoke reached his hand out, catching her in the air with an iron grip of the Force around her throat. Rey dropped her lightsaber and struggled for air. Snoke chuckled cruelly. "Indeed foolish child," he carried her by the throat to the edge of the cliff. "I can't wait to tell Ren that he failed to save the only person who ever loved him."
Snoke moved her so that her feet dangled over the edge of the cliff. "He's not here to save you this time. You will die alone."
"She is never alone, and I won't let you hurt her." Ben's voice came from behind him. Snoke turned to see him ignite his grandfather's lightsaber.
"You're too late foolish boy." Snoke said and he released his hold on Rey's neck. She screamed as she fell for what seemed like an eternity.
Ben immediately lunged forward hoping to catch her with the Force, but as he did Snoke threw him to the ground with a powerful bolt of Force lightening. Ben struggled to his feet again and tried to run back to the edge of the cliff, but Snoke immediately threw him down with another strike. He lifted his head weakly, he tried to push himself to his feet but his strength was failing. He lifted his hand shakily and tried to crawl to the edge of the cliff.
Snoke grabbed him by the hair and pulled him back. "You really don't know when to give up, do you?" He lifted his head and forced Ben to look up at him. "You really thought that you could save her, you weak pathetic boy? You are one thousand times weaker than your grandfather, and he could not save the woman he loved what makes you think that you could?"
Ben looked down.
Snoke leaned closer to his ear. "Her death was your fault, just as your father's was. You were not strong enough to save her, it was your weakness that caused her to die."
Tears poured down Ben's cheeks and he began to cry silently, Snoke was right if only he had been stronger he could have saved her.
Snoke touched his cheek, collecting his tears and showing them too him. "I told you, you are weak! You have your father's heart, and that is why you fail!"
The mention of his father only made him cry more, if he'd been stronger he could have saved him too. Everything was his fault, and now that he had lost Rey he felt as if he had lost everything. He had always struggled to keep on living, but he had sensed her presence, felt that she needed him so he carried on. But now he had failed her, she was gone.
"When you come back to your senses, you can join me... now that she's gone I am all you have, I am the only one who cares about you. I love you like a son, no one else could ever love a monster."
Instantly his mother came into his mind.
"Don't even think of going back to your mother and that pathetic Resistance, I've already sent word to them that you killed Rey. They will never forgive you for it, and if you try to convince them otherwise or betray me. I will kill your mother with your own hand, you know that I have the power to do so."
Ben looked down, knowing that he spoke the truth.
Snoke turned away from him and disappeared.
Ben lowered his head to the ground and allowed himself to cry as he had never cried, pouring his pain and agony out onto the ground in the form of tears. He had lost everything he cared about, his father, Rey and now he would never see his new friends, his mother, or the children again. He promised Temiri that he would come back, but now he couldn't. He could feel his heart breaking into a thousand pieces in his chest. He had never felt so much pain in all of his life.

14k views thank you for reading voting and commenting!