43| I Did It For You

Kylo Ren made his way to the medical bay. He found the lead droid. "Did you check her again?" he asked, sounding concerned.

"Yes sir," said the droid. "She is in good health."

Kylo nodded. Then stepped into the medical bay room. Rey was sitting on the edge of the hospital bed. "Ben?" she asked. "Why am I here?"

"I.... I was just making sure that you were alright," he said.

Rey looked down. "Why did you kill all of those villagers?" she asked, quietly.

"I did it for you... to save you," he explained.

"Save me?" she asked, surprised. "Save me from what?"

"I'm not sure. But I had a dream... a vision in the Force," he said.

"Tell me," she whispered.

"You... you died," he said, at last.

"Ben, it was just a dream," she replied.

"That's what I thought too. But when I woke up, I heard a voice say that it was the future. That the only way I could save you was if I gave everything to the Dark Side," he said. "And that's what I am doing."

"Ben, don't do this," she begged. But it was too late, he was already gone.

Kylo made his way to the bridge. "Any word from Phasma?" he asked Hux.

"She has arrived on Cantonica," Hux replied.

Kylo stared at the stars outside the window. "Give the order," he said, not looking at Hux.

"Yes, sir," Hux replied.

Kylo turned quickly to leave the room. But he stopped at the door and turned back to Hux, and gave him one last order.

"Yes sir," Hux replied.