The Cook Off II

Lannan's POV

Wow. She really must like me, me being the first to know. Once she came out of the bathroom I kissed her forehead, then the timer off, signalling we had 30 seconds to get our butts upstairs.

"Ready to go y/n?" I asked,

"Yeah, you go up first."

"Alright." I decided to go by Elevator. Since it was already on the floor. I hopped into the elevator and zoomed up to the kitchen. As the door opened there stood y/n,

"Well that plan worked." I said, she just giggled, she just turned and walked into the kitchen. I waited a little bit then walked to my team.

"Exactly on ten minutes Lannan. I'm impressed." Elliot said. I pushed his arm jokingly as I stood in our half of the kitchen. Then we turned to the camera. "Alright guys! Last course! Dessert! Each team has 30 minutes. After tasting I will take 20 minutes to think about scoring so. GO! I turned to Cray and Bazza, they were already holding all the fruit.

"Guys, where's the pav base?" I asked,

"In the pool. We thought it was a empty box and used it for a vlog..." Cray said.

"Aldi is 14 minutes away guys! And we can't make it!"

"You're gonna have to do it Lannan." Bazz said,

"Fine!" I ran to my keys and went out the door. I started my car and raced down the street.

———

Weaving through your normal everyday Sydney traffic. Finally I got to Aldi, I zoomed into the nearest car park and ran into Aldi. Luckily they were near the cashiers and there was barely a line. I tapped my card, and ran back out to the car careful not to break the pavlova. I raced back home. On the dash clock it said 6:27. I had 3 minutes with 4 minutes left to drive. I stomped my foot on the accelerator moving up to 110, 10 kms over the speed limit. I was finally on the street. I yeeted my car onto the driveway and raced inside.

"1 MINUTE LEFT!"  I skidded into the kitchen unboxing the Pav on the way and softly yeeted it onto the table. Bazz and Cray threw berries and shit on top of it. I opened a can of passion fruit sauce and dumped the whole can into the berry infested pavlova. I mean, it looked like a pavlova.
"TIMES UP! Please bring your dishes to the judging table. I love how professional Elliot is making this. It's frickin hilarious, we brought our dishes to the table and lined up. "Team 2, what have you made?"

"A tradition Australian Fruit Pavlova." He dragged the plate towards him. He sliced a piece and tried it.

"Wow, you really can't go wrong with store brought Pavlova."

"Hey! Only the base. The fruit was ours!" Cray yelled

"Hmm. Alright Team 1, what's this?"

"Mama y/l/n's (your last name) homemade apple and cinnamon pie. Just on a slightly smaller scale. Along with hand whipped cream and caramel sauce." Y/n said proudly. Wow. She has the cooking skills in her genes.

"So Elliot..."

"What Lannan?"

"Save me a piece?"