You're The Only One

20 Weeks Pregnant
—————

The couple found themselves in the familiar room once again, the nurse began checking and taking photos of the little Bean. But today was a little bit more special than usual. They were going to find out the Bean's gender.

"All good today guys, Doctor Green will be in a moment."

"Thank you Katie." Y/n smiled as she reached for the tissues. Katie exited the room and Lannan sighed happily. "What's up with you?"

"I'm just happy."

"I love it when you're happy." She kissed his forehead and went back to cleaning the gel off.

"It's our halfway mark. Only 20 more weeks and we get to meet the little guy."

"I feel like we should know the gender first before anybody. I don't want to do a party or anything."

"It's up to you my love, Bean can be whoever they want. As long as they're healthy."

"Stop being so fucking cute I swear to god Lannan. But I agree, I think we should know."

"Then we will." And just on cue Doctor Green stepped into the room. He greeted them both and sat across from them.

"So, little baby is very healthy. Growing at our average speed and taking in as much nutrients as it needs."

"Oh good," Lannan sighed out.

"Now, I understand you both wanted to know the gender?"

"Ah, yes please." Y/n asked politely.

"Here's an envelope with your pictures and a note with the gender. But as I said before, baby is perfectly a Ok."

"Thank you Doctor Green." Lannan said taking the envelope off his outstretched arm.

"So I'll see you two in a fortnight."

——————

"I'm scared and I don't know why." Lannan laughed nervously. The two of them were on their balcony holding the envelope.

"It's like you said before, this basically tells us if they have a penis or vagina."

"You're right, I'm sorry."

"Don't apologise, it's ok to be nervous sometimes."

"Let's just do this." Lannan smiled. Together the two of them opened up the envelope to find a letter. On the letter it just simply said.

It's a girl!

"Oh my god. Lannan?" Lannan was looking at the paper in shock.

"We're having a girl."

"You ok?" She asked placing her hand on his.

"I'm great Y/n, I can't wait to see what she looks like! This is one of the happiest days of my life!" He went in immediately for a hug. "Thank you, for giving me a daughter."

"Heyyy! This was a team effort!" Y/n laughed pulling away.

"But you're doing most of the work. Which is why..."

"Oh god what have you done now?"

"I'm taking a few weeks off work soon. To be with you, and our little Bean."

"Awwh, Lan you didn't have to do that."

"Nonono, I do. I want to be here with you every step of the way. Well except for the next 2 weeks, while I stockpile." The two of them laugh.