I'd Do This For

A week later
———————

Everything was packed neatly, as Y/n and Lannan had the all clear yesterday. They were finally going to take their little girl home. The nurse rolled in the portable cradle that they used to transport babies into their room.

"I'll go get your discharge papers and the doctor." She smiled and left the two.

"Oh hello my beautiful Zoey." Lannan cooed picking her up. "Daddy missed you!"

"I'm really loving our name pick Lan."
Y/n smiled getting a flashback.

'I really want something that means something to us, you know?' Y/n laughed.

'Yeah of course. I was googling the other week and I saw Zoey.'

'What does it mean?'

'Fighter.'

'Aw Lan! That's beautiful, especially after all she's been through.'

'So that's a first name?''

'Yeah, now middle...'

'You choose this one.'

'Would it be weird if I did Brodey? Like I just can't imagine my life if I didn't have him and I want to honour him.'

'And we all know Brodey is going to spoil her until kingdom come. I think it's beautiful.' Then the two of them filled out her birth certificate.

Zoey Brodey Eacott

"Awwh, hello my little fighter! Ready to go home?" Y/n asked as Zoey looked around the room curiously. Together Y/n and Lannan got her dressed in her coming home outfit then placed her in her portable carrier.

"Feels weird knowing that only 6 people know her name."

"I know, but I can't wait to see Brodey's face. He's going to pass out."

"Is that a bet?"

"Haha no, and technically you'll be betting against yourself." Then the nurse and doctor came in with the papers.

"Ok you three! Everything is in order, papers are ready to be signed! Just remember to keep your blue book with you guys at all appointments so your paediatrician can keep record."

——————

"Welcome home!" Everybody yelled at the family of three entered the house. There was a big banner displayed between the walls saying 'welcome home!' And everybody was gathered in the foyer.

"You guys know how much I hate parties." Y/n sighed.

"It's not a party! It's a small get together!" Lufu exclaimed, vigorously pointing out the 6 people behind her. "We also just couldn't wait to see you three!"

"Ok ok, let us get into our house guys." Lannan laughed ushering them into the lounge room. Once everybody was settled they were hanging onto Y/n and Lannan's every word.

"Well firstly, thank you for this guys."

"Yeah, it was a pretty nice surprise to come home too." Lannan added cradling his daughter from side to side.

"And now, we'll finally say her name."

"Her first name is Zoey, with a Y."

"Oh hi, nice to meet you Zoey with a y!" Elliot joked earning immense giggles from everybody.

"Haha, very funny Eli. Zoey means fighter in Greek." Y/n took a pause and then proceeded. "With her middle name, we wanted to honour somebody really special in not just Lannan and mine. But Zoey's life. So her full name is Zoey... Brodey Eacott." Y/n peered over to her brother who looked like he could faint.