Darkest before the Dawn

————
1 week later
————

"Happy birthday to y/n! Happy birthday to youuuuuuu!" The three of them sang to y/n, she was finally 23!

"Aww thank you guys!" She said sitting up in her bed. They all surprised her with breakfast in bed accompanied with crepes and coffee. "This look delicious!"

"Be sure to thank the restaurant across the road!" Brodey laughed, the whole day was spent laughing and drinking a shit ton of wine. Until she got a call at the end of the day. Which had to be the morning at a certain Australian House.

——————
Click House
Same Time
——————

"Hello?" A familiar voice to Lannan rang through his phone. He shed a tear hearing her voice again.

"Happy Birthday, I love you." He was almost about to hang up when...

"Lannan?" Y/n's voice cracked. He couldn't bring himself to just hang up on her like that.

"Yeah, I'm sorry this was a mistake." Getting ready to hang up. He couldn't stand to hear her voice crack like that.

"No, it's fine."

"Why aren't you yelling at me?" He laughed insecurely, nervous at the answer.

"I don't know."

"When are you guys coming back?"

"In a few weeks. Look Lan," he smiled at his nickname only she calls him. "I'm sorry for just dropping everything and leaving. It was completely irrational and childish. I should have just talked to you."

"Don't apologise y/n, it wasn't your fault. You needed an escape and there was your ticket. I understand."

"But its all I ever do! When things get too god damn hard I just up and leave everything!"

"Y/n, Bub, you listen to me. It was a completely human and rational choice to leave! You needed space and Paris provided that."

"Thank you for calling me," Lannan could feel her smile and wholesomeness through the sentence.

"I hope they treated you like a Queen over there."

"Yeah they did."

"You never told me you had a second channel?"

"Oh uh, you saw that huh? God damn it Brodey!"

"When you get back, whenever that is. Can we talk? Face to face, I just want to explain everything without you being in another continent."

"I would love that, Hey uh, I have to go they all want to watch a movie. But I'll talk to you later?"

"Yeah, definitely." He agreed,

"Well alright, see ya Lan."

"Bye y/n, I love you."

"I love you too." They hung up. Lannan had the biggest smile on his face. He looked at his lock screen, it was a picture of both of them. When they shared the pie Y/n made that one Click video ages ago. He was on top of her with whipped cream everywhere. The pair of them smiling from ear to ear. Simple times.

"WHO WAS THAT?!" Elliot cried coming into the lounge room.

"No-one!"

"YOU DON'T SAY I LOVE YOU TO NO ONE! WAS IT ILSA? I SWEAR LANNAN!"

"It wasn't her. It was y/n." Elliot looked shocked,

"Hold up, is she ok? How did she react? Did she yell at you? DID SHE SAY IT BACK?!" Elliot questioned almost passing out.