Secrets & Lies

——————
Brodey's POV
Willow Tree
——————

As I drove my car, I couldn't help but feel nervous. I haven't told anyone. I was going to meet my parent's for the first time. I don't know how I came to this conclusion. Maybe it was Y/n on the beach or my stupid dream. But I woke up and boom. Off I go. Do I regret not telling her. Maybe, ok fine. I do regret it. But I just need to know. I need to know them.

——————
Tamworth
——————

I arrived at a small looking house, that overlooked the town. Y/n mentioned our mothers new address a few weeks back. Her and Lannan were gonna go see her, before we went to Paris. I turned off the engine, grabbed my phone and shut the door. As I rung the doorbell my phone rang, again.

Incoming Call: Y/n 🙃

I turned it on silent as the door opened.

"Hello?" The lady said.

"Uh well Hi, my names Brodey."

"Well, Hello Brodey."

"There's no easy way to say this. But I'm your son."

"Wait, Brodey?" She was taken aback. "How did you find me!"

"I live with Y/n, she may have mentioned my gaming name. Bazz?"

"Oh my god, this is crazy! Come inside darling!" I walked inside the home and sat on the couch. "How did you guys figure it out?"

"Oh, everybody kept saying how much we looked alike, and since I was adopted. We took a wild chance. Look, I have to ask. Y/n and I are only 2 years apart. Why'd you let go of me and not her?" Her face turned pale.

"I assume, Y/n told you I'm 51?" I just nodded. "I'm actually 41. I had you just before my HSC, my parents. Your grandparents forced me to give you up. They died in a car crash a year later. That's why I kept Y/n."

I was so shocked.

"So, you did want to keep me?" I asked her.

"Of course, I've always wanted to be a young mother. The more I time I get to spend with you guys."

"Why haven't you tried to find me?"

"I have. Brodey, your adoptive parents you have now. They weren't your first. You were assigned to this lovely couple that I choose. Mr and Mrs Maitland. You were with them for about a year. They sent me a photo each month of you. I still have them."

"What happened to them?"

"They were murdered by Thomas Pale." I felt my face drop. "What's wrong?"

"They never told you who kidnapped Y/n, did they?"

"No."

"It was his son. Riley Pale. He's the same age as Y/n. It's all connected." We heard a car pull up. "I think they found me." I laughed.

"Who?"

"Y/n and Lannan. I may have just up and left them this morning." The door opened revealing the couple.

"Of course. I knew it." She said laughing. I saw Lannan hand her a $5 note and shook my head. "Hi Mum, I see you met this idiot."  She gave our Mum a hug.

"When we're you going to tell me? It sounds like you knew for a while."

"Uh, it was gonna be in a week. But Mr. I-do-everything-myself. Decided to come a little early." I put up my hands up in defence.

"I didn't know!"

"Yeah, because we were going to tell you this morning before you up and left!" Lannan laughed, the pair of them sat down.