Chapter- 9

Veronica POV :

Finally, the day came, today is our annual function. I am super nervous and happy.

Happy because my family is also coming to see my performance and that's the best thing I love about my parents.

They know how to cheer me up and motivate me, right now I am standing backstage and making my hair into a side plait.

I am wearing a beautiful floral dress which ends till my knees. I try to keep my face natural with minimum makeup just lip gloss and eyeliner. I complete my outfit with a pair of my brown ankle boots.

"Veronica, it's our turn, are you ready Richard" ask, "Yeah" my voice came into a whisper, "You look gorgeous don't worry everything will be fine, you can do it" he encourage me.

I keep on repeating Richard words in my mind and it actually worked to make me calm, I can do this and hey I did it, while I was singing I see the smile on my parents face, that moment was perfect.

I was thanking God for giving me such a good family. After my performance, my sis ran towards me and gave me a hug and then my parents.

"Sweetie you have such a good talent, then why do you hide it from everyone, you are lucky to have such a beautiful voice" my mom said.

''Yes princess your mom is right, you have a beautiful voice, you know I never force you and Steffie towards studies and to be honest, you both are too good in your studies that you didn't give me a chance to say you anything and the same is for your profession if you want to have a career in singing we are at your side" he said.

I smile appeared to my face. "I know dad but trust me I don't want to pursue a career in singing but I promise you, I will not hide my singing skills." "That's like my girl" dad said.

I thought of thanking Richard it's because of him. I gain this confidence.

I looked for him and I smiled to see a beautiful view he was hugging his mom.

One thing I know about Richard is he is very close to his mother which is so sweet.

"Well hello girl,  you were amazing, thank you, Ash. we were thinking as this is your first performance and that to fabulous one, so we need to celebrate", Tamara said.

"Yeah, you are right but for that, I have to go to home and change, oh come on Veronica you don't have to change your look beautiful and we are tired of your tomboyish clothing" Tamara said.

"Ok, you both go and wait for me in the car I will just inform sis, " "Cool" they both said and went outside. sis, was busy talking with her future in-laws.

" Sunshine your performance was awesome and there was no need of a partner you on your own just rocks, "
William bro said making Richard roll his eyes.William loves Richard but he also loves to tease him. "Thanks bro I am happy you like it".

"Ok, sis, I came to tell you I am going with  Ashley and Tamara so don't worry and don't wait for me," "okay
Vee take care" she said.

"Veronica, I heard someone calling my name it was Richard, ''Hey," he said, "Hello". we both were behaving like strangers, so I decided to be brave. Richard, "I wanted to thank-you it's because of you I am getting so much appreciated so thank you."

"Veronica you deserve all this appreciation you don't need to thank me". "Okay, I have to go, bye" I said.

"Girl you took a lot of time", "I know, I am sorry to let's go." three of us went in Tamara car and with her driver of course.

"So, we should go to a cafe and eat something." Ash suggest. "No, I have better idea Tamara cut my sentence and brought a box with her and as we enter the cafe "Surprise" my whole family with Richard and his family.

''Hey little sister", steff came to me. "Guys what's the need of all this" and
"Why not," my dad said. "It's  my daughter special day." Thank you so much all of you.

"I am sorry am I late and I know the late comer James". I hug him, my parents love James and they are very happy about our friendship.

Then I opened the box a beautiful rock star cake. now, that made me emotional.

I cut the cake and thanked everyone and I got to know it was sis and Richard's idea to surprise me that double my happiness. I know that Richard doesn't feel me the way I feel for him and still, he cares for my happiness that's sweet.

 I know that Richard doesn't feel me the way I feel for him and still, he cares for my happiness that's sweet

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°