Chapter- 23

Dedicated to all of you awesome people thankyou so much for 1.1k read

Veronica Pov:

Veronica Pov:

I  woke up, with a big smile on my face. I scanned my eyes around the room but I found no sign of Richard.

Maybe, he must be in the bathroom, I slowly crept out from my bed and went to the bathroom he is also not here. I  quickly ran to the drawing-room, he is not even here.

Then my mind clicked I went to my room to check my wardrobe, where I hanged his coat but now it is not here. It means he left, without informing me not even a written note.

I was so furious that I throw my most favourite vase in frustration and then another glass vase.

"Why he always have to make me weak by hurting me, how much time does it would have taken to wake me or at least to write a note."

I suddenly felt pain in my legs then I realised I am bleeding as I was sitting on the glass piece, that was scattered all over on the floor.

"Veronica, oh my God, what happened why are you crying. what's all this", I heard Erica's panic voice.

"Vee, take my hand and try to get up carefully," she said. I  took her hand as I didn't have the energy to debate or protest. so, I just surrender myself to her.

Erica immediately took me to the near hospital but not to forget the lecturers she gave in the whole ride.

Such as "Veronica I thought you are the mature one among three of us but I was so wrong. you are more childish than me and Sabrina. serious girl, what were you thinking". the lecture was so on.....on and on.

"Miss Jonathan you need to have a proper rest, you have got 3 stitches on your right leg two stitches on your arm and major injuries on your thigh" the lady doctor informed. oh God, what I was thinking I said.

"Exactly, what the hell were you think -ing." I heard a harsh voice I know to whom it belongs.

Oh dear, I am gone like totally gone, gone because he is not usually an angry young man but dear whenever he gets angry he is like lava ready to blast.

It was really nice to know you all as I am now just a guest for 2-3 minutes. may I rest in peace always remember me in your good wishes as my dear boyfriend has become hulk it's time for me to say goodbye, I am so dead
help me, God.

"Seriously, Veronica what were you thinking, what were you trying to prove by hurting yourself," Richard asked in a demanding voice.

I was thinking about you, Richard.
"Wow what an amazing way you have adopted to think about me", he said.

We both turned as we heard someone clearing the throat then we saw the nurse who was shamelessly checking Richard.

I really wanted to rip her head off but I somehow control myself. I really don't want to go jail especially not in this condition.

"I am sorry to disturb both of you but I just came to give medicine," she said while not leaving her sight from Richard.

"It's alright I can manage, thanks for taking care of my girlfriend". when she heard the word girlfriend her smile vanished. I know Richard did it intentionally as I saw a smirk on his handsome face.

"Okay, I will call the doctor to check her. she has to stay here for tonight under observation" she said. I groan when I heard her.

I shook my head indicating Richard to rescue me by showing my best puppy face. I  heard him chuckle, he knows how much I hate hospitals.

"Mr Knight we are sorry but we can't discharge her especially not without her family consult" the doctor refuse when Richard asked to discharge me.

"She is my family, my girlfriend and I am cable to take care of her," he said.

"I am extremely sorry I didn't know I will arrange the discharge paper you can take her home," she said.

"Let's go baby" I tried to stand but he stopped me by carrying me in bridal style.

"You both look so good together made for each other God bless both of you," she said making me blushed I hide my face in Richard's chest I know at this point my face must be so red like beetroot and then that idiot chuckle.

We reached my apartment, Richard carefully places me on the bed. "Now sweetheart cares to explain to me why you pulled this stunt."

"I was angry from you and it was your fault you left without informing me so, mister I am not the only one at fault."

"I just wanted when I woke up I see you beside me and wish me a good morning. I was mad at you cause I need you here with me not to vanish like a vampire," I said.

"Oh my goodness, when did my girl become this romantic" I glared at him and punched on his shoulder but that didn't stop him to hug me.

"I am sorry but it was a very urgent business meeting which I had to attend. I didn't wake you cause I thought it will take only a little time the meeting was in California only but it took more time than I expected"

"I am so sorry baby" he kissed on my nose. "I love you so much, you don't know by hurting yourself, you are hurting me. I can't see you in pain" and then he gave me a passionate kiss.

It was not like that it was the first kiss we shared but it was the best because there was so much emotion in it love, pain and care.

So Richard is in full romantic mood let's see what more romantic will he does but for that, you have to wait for the next chapter 💝

Long chapter ever exactly 1020 words.

Hey guys, hope you like the chapter do vote and comment💬

Thanks for reading 💕