Chapter- 18

Song for the chapter "heart attack" by Enrique Iglesias.

It has been almost one year I am living in California and going to my college, whenever I go to college I feel so happy but there is always a guilt which is eating me, at every moment that I was selfish of thinking of myself and by not leaving any space from Richard to make the decision.

In these whole 10 months, there is no single day that Richard had missed to call me but I could feel the pain in his voice. so, I have decided to give a surprise visit to New York, as there is a party in Richard house.

Uncle George, (Richard's father) has invited me, sis has also called me many times this party is in the celebration for William bro, as he has started his own business so they have planned a little party for him. they both got married the day after my graduation.

I always refuse her for coming by saying I am busy in my college assignments as I want to give them surprise especially to Richard.

So, here I am waiting for my driver. I have decided to go directly to Richard house. as I am wearing a decent peach colour full-length dress. so, there is no need to go home and change and also there will be no one at home as they must be in the party. I will go home after attending the party.

I am so excited to see everyone, I really miss my family and him. ''Mam we reached my driver" said. I walked in the mason and saw my sis steff.

"Veronica oh my God you came I can't believe this she said, "Believe it now sis, I am here."

Suddenly her smile dropped, "sis, are you okay," I asked. "Yeah, I am fine it's just that I am surprised and happy to see you", she said.

I found my dad talking with his friends.'' Hey, dad missed me" I said while grinning.

"Princess, I missed you so much" I hugged him. "Sweetie my baby, why didn't you inform anyone we would have come to the airport," mom said.

"Mom if I would have informed then how would I able to surprise you all."

I saw Richard busy talking on his phone, I smiled and took my way towards him but I stop myself. when I saw Hayley grabbing his hand and took him to the dance floor.

Richard saw me and start coming towards me but Hayley stopped him by kissing him. he didn't push her. I run from there I was so hurt. how could he do this to me the scene I saw made my heartbroken.

I was going towards the car where John my driver must be waiting for me ''Veronica wait, listen to me" sis said, "There is nothing left to listen he cheated on me".

"Veronica, you know he would never cheat you, he loved you so much, "

"Then then why the hell he was so closed to Hayley," I asked.

"Veronica mommy and Dad ( Richard parents) has fixed his engagement with Hayley. none of us had an idea about it we were so shocked when they suddenly announced the engagement, trust me, Veronica, we didn't know about it. if I knew it earlier I would have done something to stop it or I would have not let you come here."

Her words were enough to shake my world, he is engaged it was his engagement party. I ran towards my car, I was crying badly I can't help it. I am feeling so much of pain as if someone has stabbed a knife in my back, it's him he hurt me.

'' Mam, are you alright" John asked.
"Yeah, John, I am fine, can you please drop me to the airport I have to take my flight back to California." He nodded.

I reached to the airport I was taking my suitcase when someone grabs my hand then I saw the person who has broken my heart, '' Don't you dare to touch me, Richard," I yell while removing his hand from my hand.

"Veronica baby please listen to me I didn't have any idea about the engagement I couldn't refuse my parents when they announced it in front of the guests. baby trust me I decided to talk to them after the party that I can't engage to Hayley."

"Trust you, after breaking my trust you have the confidence to tell me to trust you. fine, I believe you that you didn't have any idea about the engagement but will you refuse to what I saw, you kissed her God dammit you didn't try to push her you were enjoying the kiss. so, go and be with her and leave me alone" I pushed him. I hate him he hurt me but how will I live without him.

Thanks for reading, hope you like it if you did then please do vote and comment it would means a lot. :)