Chapter- 24

Song for the chapter: This is all we know,
-The chainsmokers ft. Phoebe Ryan

I woke up by the mouth-watering smell of pancakes in my nostrils."Hey sleeping beauty wake up", I heard my boyfriend sweet voice, good morning I said.

"Good morning, my love, go and fresh up then we will have breakfast. I made your favourite pancakes with chocolate syrup he said", I nod and took my way towards the bathroom.

After the bath, I changed into loose top and denim shorts my injuries are still healing so I am trying not to wear so tight clothes. when I came back to my room, Richard was busy talking on his phone. he looks upset, I know what is coming next.

"Baby, I have to go back to New York, there is an important meeting about my new project and I have to be there. I am sorry, I really wanted to stay" it... I didn't let him complete.

It's ok, Richard you don't have to be sorry for something that is not in your hand. I know how hard it was for you to miss your work and meetings but you did it for me this whole week you stayed with me to make sure I am fine.

So, please don't apologise least not when you are doing a great job as a businessman and a boyfriend. you are the best, don't be sorry for being perfect.

"Thanks, baby sometimes I wonder how I became so lucky that I have you in my life. let's finish breakfast then get ready we will go outside. I want to spend some quality time with my gorgeous girl" he said.

I  smiled  and  started  enjoying  the delicious  pancakes."Richard,  you should be a chef the pancakes are so good."

"Thanks to my love but I am good being a  personal chef for my girl. I  don't need to be a  professional one"  he smiled making me chuckle.

Richard tell me where are you taking me please, least a hint. I  have to wear a dress according to the place we are going, I said.

"No my love it's a surprise and for the dress wear anything you like. you look beautiful in every dress and the hint is, it is a dinner for both of us."

Mr Knight your compliments are not helping me and dinner it means it's a date I said. "Kind of my love," he said making me roll my eyes.

I started getting ready for dinner. I am wearing a golden floral sheath dress which reaches my knees. I kept my hair natural which is wavy. I did my minimum makeup, I wore matching sandals to complete my look.

A knock at the door grabs my attention there stand my handsome boyfriend looking devilishly handsome in his black suit

"Baby you are looking so beautiful like an angel,"  he said.  you are not looking that bad,  he rolled his eyes by my teasing compliment,  making me laugh.

"Shall we baby", he extended his hand towards me. I took his hand, being a curious and impatient person I am didn't stop me to ask questions to him and his answer was "baby I  am not telling it's a surprise".

"Finally we reached the destination, we are on a  beach then I  see the beautiful decoration which makes it more perfect.

Richard, it's a beautiful candlelight dinner on the beach makes it so perfect. I never thought I will be getting such a wonderful surprise, thank you so much. "It's my pleasure, my love," he said.

We were having dinner, suddenly he took a box from his pocket and shift it towards me "open it, baby". I obeyed and open the box it was a diamond ring.

"Baby it's a promise ring for you, it will always remind you that you are mine and  I am all yours and nobody can separate us

"Baby it's a promise ring for you, it will always remind you that you are mine and  I am all yours and nobody can separate us. I  love you  Veronica Jonathan and  I will always love you like this, falling for you is the best thing  I did in my life" he said while putting the ring in my finger.

I love you too I said bravely, "what did you say," he asked. I said I love you too Richard knight. he came closer to me while placing a kiss on the head and pull me into a  hug he started spinning me." you are my angel "he whispered in my ears.

Thanks for reading 💟

Please vote and comment 🗯