Chapter-29

Veronica outfit above:

Today we have to attend the dinner at the knight's mansion. It has been a long time both of our families (Jonathan's and  Knight) haven't had dinner together so,  hence we are invited for dinner.

Richard and I have decided to tell our parents about our relationship. if you say, I am nervous that will be wrong I  am beyond nervous and just ready to faint any moment.

I was getting ready when my phone started ringing and the caller ID was of my dear boyfriend "Hey baby how are you doing, if you want I can book a hospital bed, it will be helpful when you will faint" he teased me.

"Wow, Richard your sense of humour is so good  I  am flattered," I  said sarcastically and "Don't worry about me and for the hospital bed please do book it as you will be needing it when I will break from bones" I fire back.

"Calm down baby everything will be fine,  remember one thing  I love you and I will always be with you," he said melting my heart.

"I  love you too, I  will see you at the dinner," I said.

We finally reached at our destination the knight's mansion, throughout the drive my parents were busy with business conversation whereas I, on the other hand, choose to be quiet, I was not in the mood of talking and wanted this dinner to end as soon as possible.

As we enter and sit at the dinner table and started eating,  I  got a text from boyfriend "Baby, eat as much as you can as when we will tell about us to our parents everyone will loose their appetite" I looked towards him and glared at me while that idiot gave me a wink.

It was time for dessert, I really wanted to eat the chocolate cake but my bf wouldn't wait and was eager for the announcement.

"Mom dad and uncle, an aunt I want to tell something to all of you, dad as today is the last day left for me to tell you about my secret girl, so I have decided to tell you all," he said.

From that news incident, Richard is not in a very good equation with his parents,  as they were asking him questions. he thought it's not the right time to tell, so to avoid their questions he started living in his penthouse on his own.

"Finally, you got the courage to tell us, come to the straight point and skip the suspense and tell us about the girl you were trying to protect without caring about your reputation" his dad demanded.

Oh God, this is scary and serious then I thought but now it's no time to back out so, I stood up from my chair.

"That girl is me, Richard and I are in the relationship since high school," I said, I felt someone holding my hand and looked up to see Richard beside me.

"God,  I  can't believe it you and Veronica what you kids think of yourself,  do you think all this is a joke, do you think life is a joke, you both have broken our trust. so, this is  the reason you broke the engagement with Hayley, bravo Richard" his mom said angrily.

"Sweety, please tell you are joking and all this a prank you didn't lie to me all these years,  you have broken your promise. you promised to share with me if you  will be in a relationship, I told you I want you to hear it from you Northampton confront it,  how can you take our trust for guaranteed."

"Do you think I am that typical mom how would have stopped you to be in a relationship. no, I  just wanted my daughter to be honest with me and not hide things from me, did I asked too much, you have disappointed me,'' my mom said angrily.

"No mom, please don't say this I didn't want to hide from you, I never wanted to hurt you, I am sorry mom forgive me, please" I was sobbing badly.

Everyone left us to expect sis and bro "Veronica, everything will be fine give them some time, I will talk to them, "sis said.

"Shh,  baby don't cry  I didn't know they will react like this, I just thought they will be shocked and then they will accept us, that's why  I  was teasing you this whole day, I  am sorry love it's all my fault," he said while wiping my tears.

"No, Richard  this it's not your fault you were just giving me time so that  can complete  my  graduation that's why you hide it from our parents at the very first place because we were and I wasn't ready"

"I am the one who is responsible for hurting our parents I am not a good girl, not good daughter, nor a good girlfriend you don't deserve me you deserve someone better than me, you should leave me," I said.

"Hey, stop talking nonsense you are a perfect girl, perfect daughter and a perfect girlfriend. you didn't attempt any crime you just wanted to complete your dreams, what is bad in it, I  love you and  I  won't leave whether you want it or not you are stuck with me" he said while kissing on my cheek.

Hey guys, here goes another the chapter, I hope you like it.

Do vote,
Comment 💭
And share 💕

Thanks for reading