Chapter- 14

3 months later:

I woke up with a smiley face, why won't I simile it's my big day my birthday I have turn sweet 16 today yay.

I ran towards the bathroom and had a bath and start searching for clothes from my wardrobe I pick a white top and ripped jeans (outfit photo above) After changing. I went downstairs the smell of cake filled in my nose.

It became a tradition than my mom bakes a cake on my every birthday.
"Happy birthday sweetie, " "Thanks mom but you all have already wished me at 12:00 am."

"Oh, so what it's my baby's 16 birthday and It's my wish to wish you twice thrice and so on." I laughed on my mom childish behaviour.

"Yeah, mom, I am your baby and I will always be yours. anyway, where is sis," I asked.

"She has already gone to her college" mom informed.

Sis has gone without me definitely she is planning something.

"Mom, as sis has gone without me. I should also go another wise I will be late."

"Wait, young lady, where you think you are going' mom said.

"Mom, of course, I will be going to school, I said in a duh tone.

"No, you won't until you finish your breakfast and taste your cake." "Mom how can I refuse you," so I ate the delicious pancakes and a slice of chocolate cake made by my mom.

"Sweetie I will drop you to your school," I nodded.

I reached school, Why there is no one in the cafeteria. "Happy birthday Vee" my friends yell on the top of their lungs by scaring the hell out of me.

"Guys you all scared me" "Sorry Vee" Tamara and Ashley said.

"Oh, it's okay thank you so much guys," I thank all my classmates.

"Happy birthday sweetheart," James said. "Thanks, cheapskate" he chuckles.

I was happy but my eyes were searching the only person, Richard, from whom I wanted to hear the wishes.

Richard didn't come to school. I really missed his presences. I have to spend good time after school with my friends who really care for me, not like him. he didn't even wish me.

I reach to my house it's evening now. Why the lights are off I have fear from the darkness.

"Surprise, Happy birthday little sis" Steff said.

" Wow thank you guys I hug my sis and my dad happy birthday dear thanks dad I said.

"Okay, Veronica you go and change I have already taken the dress for you it's a present for you, sweetie," mom said.

The dress is a floral embroidery skin colour it's beautiful and especially when it is designed by mom. I wore the dress and then straightened my hair and left them open. I did a little makeup kajal and lipgloss and wear matching sandals.

 I did a little makeup kajal and lipgloss and wear matching sandals

I cut the cake and got lots of gifts. The party was over so I decide to change my clothes but my phone beep stopped me.

It was a text by Richard "I am waiting for you at downstairs."

What he wants now and why he came at this time. I don't know why I am so mad at him. I went downstairs and saw him he looks so handsome, he is wearing a polo white shirt, ripped jeans and a black jacket.

" Richard what are doing h... he didn't let me complete and grab my hand and took me towards his car."Richard where are you taking me I said. Relax you are safe with me and answer to your question is it's a surprise for you. again surprise I mumble to myself.

Note: I hate surprise

"Surprise," I asked.

"Yes, Veronica surprise," he said.

Then he opens the car door like a gentleman by the way "You are looking absolutely beautiful."

He whispered making me blush. he took my hand this time gently then I saw that we are at a beautiful beach
"Wow," I turn towards Richard was bending down on one knee.

Veronica, you are the beautiful sweet and innocent girl I have ever laid my eyes on. I was so stupid that I didn't try to interact with you before, I have very strong feelings for you, will you be my girlfriend he pulls a box from his pocket it was beautiful pearl heart and star pendant.

Richard I ... ''Baby please reply little fast my legs are paining oh I am so sorry yes I will be your girlfriend Richard and I also like you very much."

He hugs me, happy birthday love, I smile he removed my hair gently and help me to wear the pendant it's beautiful, Richard not more than you baby he said

Let's eat our dinner he said. I can't believe I am Richard girlfriend.

"Thanks, Richard, it's the best birthday ever, "And my best day" he said.