Chapter-28

It has been 2 days, Richard has gone back to New York. after the heat up conversation, he had with his father,
I was worried about him.

I told him, that I am going along with him but he didn't agree and said "Baby,  don't worry your  Knight in shining armour will solve all the problems", his words shut me and made me smile.

I  didn't sleep properly in these two days. so, I  decided to go to New York and support my boyfriend. who was always there with me, in each step of my life whenever I needed him.

It's high time now, I  have to show some bravery. so,  here  I am in the flight  for  New  York, to  be with my love my boyfriend, the  wait is over
 now and  I  am ready to face our family and to tell them about us.

I took a cab and reached my home. nobody knows I will be coming today, as I was planning to come tomorrow but I changed my mind. so here I am, as no one has any clue about my arrival so it will be a kind of surprise for them.

Last time when I gave a surprise to my family it didn't go well and I was the one who got a horrible surprise of Richard's engagement with Hayley.

Fingers crossed, I just hope this time everything goes very smoothly and peacefully as I reached our mansion the guards greeted me and I walked towards the door and ring the doorbell.

The door open by my mom "Veronica, sweety what a pleasant surprise I am so happy to see you, I missed you" she said and embrace me into a motherly hug.

"I  missed  you too mom"."Sweetie, we thought you will be coming tomorrow if  I  knew you are coming today,  I would have made your favourite dishes but my little girl never miss a chance to surprise me" she teased me.

"Don't worry mom, I will eat whatever you will make for me so don't stress yourself,  by the way where is dad"I asked.

"Sweety, what an ironic question, you have asked where you can find a workaholic who loves to spend his time in paper works, of course, your dad is in his office" mom jokes.

"Okay then I  am going to dad's office please don't tell him about me, I want to give him a surprise, so don't inform him about my arrival''  I  requested her.

"Young lady first you have sit and eaten something,  take a little rest and then go surprise your dad,  you daddy's little girl" mom complained.

It's not so easy to convince my mom, especially when things come for her daughter's health. she becomes the typical  Mumma bear, after my so much of requests she gave up.

Finally, I  reached my destination the Jonathan industry.  I  walked towards the reception ''Hey, Lisa is dad in his cabin", I asked the receptionist, Lisa is of my sis age, she is a sweet girl.

"Oh Miss Jonathan I am sorry, I was busy sending emails,  sir in the conference room. the meeting is just finished now if you want I can inform him" she asked.

"It's okay  I  will go in the conference room and how many times I have told you to call me by my name, skip the formalities please," I said.

"I  am sorry  Veronica,  have a  good day," she said, I nodded to my way towards the conference room.

I opened the door softly ''Hey dad" I greet. "Princess,  what a  wonderful surprise I was just about to video call you, I miss you so much", he said.

"I missed you to dad, I was so excited to meet you that I couldn't wait till the evening.  so, I came to your office  I hope I didn't disturb you" I ask.

"Rubbish, nothing is more important for me than my daughters, you didn't disturb me at all dear," he said and pulled me into a hug.

The sound of someone cleared the throat to grab our attention.  Then I realized that we are not alone,  I looked up and meet the smiling faces of William bro and Richard.

Oh God now, I am surprised I didn't think I will be meeting Richard in my dad's office.  though  I  am not complaining it's just that  I  didn't expect this.

"Sunshine, finally you are back, I miss you little sis" William bro said and gave me a hug.

"I miss you too bro", "Oh hey Richard how are you doing, "I ask.

"I am fine it's long to see you," he said.  we were talking like a stranger but we didn't have any other choice dad was beside me.

"Dad, I want to give you more details about this project actually  I forgot that file in your cabin let's go and discuss it, till then Veronica you talk to your old classmate", William bro said with a wink before taking dad with him to give me and Richard privacy.

As soon as dad and bro were out of our site, I have suddenly spun around and I crashed into Richard's chest as his lips smacked against mine, oh God how much I love him.

"I love you so much baby and I love your surprise this is the best surprise, Miss Johnathan," he said.

"Oh I love you too Mr Knight and I am so glad you liked my surprise"I play along with him.

"Baby, if you called me Mr Knight, one more time I swear I will forget that we are  in  your  dad's  office and I won't stop myself to give you the passionate kiss."

"Who told you to stop, " I said bravely. as soon as I said these words he gave me the long and passionate kiss I was craving for.

"I  still can't believe you are back, these four years without you were hell I don't want to feel like that again. I won't let you go anywhere, I love you so much, you are my only mine," he said.

"I love you too, I will never leave you again I promise and I am all yours," I said.

Thanks for reading ❤

Do vote,Comment 🗯️And share 💕

Do vote,
Comment 🗯️
And share 💕