Chapter- 22

Song of the chapter, Charlie puth "patient".

After the engagement party, I decided to head back to my apartment, as it was started getting dark. I didn't want to disturb Sabrina for dropping me by leaving her family function.

I thought of taking a cab as I didn't come by my car but Kabir insisted to drop me, so I ended up sitting in his car.

The car drive was not awkward at all which I didn't expect. Kabir is really a nice and funny guy. we talked about random things, he cracked many good jokes.

Then he asked something which I was scared of, my relationship status and the answer was it's complicated.

Well, I am thankful that he didn't try to push more buttons by asking more questions.

Finally, we reached my apartment. I was just about to open the car door but Kabir stopped me by moving from the driving seat for opening the door for me, such a gentleman I thought to myself.

I start feeling cold because of the cold breeze. "Are you, feeling cold?" Kabir asks. obviously a genius, I am wearing a sleeveless blouse and the cold wind is blowing.

What you want me to say, hey it's so hot here but I can't say this to him so I politely shook my head.

He starts taking off his coat, "Kabir what are you doing", I asked.

"What it looks like sweetheart, I am taking off my coat so, that it will help you to be warm" he said. wow and I thought I am the only sarcastic person here I mumble.

He helped me with his jacket. we start walking and I froze to see the person I didn't even imagine to be here.

Richard was resting at his car hood, the moment he saw us coming, he shooted dragger at Kabir, then I realize Kabir's hand was resting on my shoulder. Richard's eyes become soft when it meets mine.

"Richard,  um Kabir this is Richard knight he is my"..... Richard didn't let me complete and he jumped in the conversation.

"Hey, I am Richard her boyfriend" Kabir was shocked by his words but he immediately maintains his posture.

"Hello, I am Kabir Oberoi her friend's cousin" at this moment  I wanted the mother earth to open and swallow me inside it.

"It's nice to meet you Mr Oberoi and thanks for dropping my girl," Richard said by making me roll my eyes.

"Pleasure is all mine Mr Knight, nice meeting you too, I should be going" Kabir, said.

"Kabir wait I think you had forgotten, something Richard said," suddenly he starts coming closer to me he removed Kabir's jacket from my shoulder.

"I think this belongs to you buddy" he handover the jacket to Kabir.

After returning Kabir's jacket Richard took off his jacket and help me to wear it and then he put his hand on my waist possessively.

I wanted, to push him and throw the jacket on his face but I was so helpless Kabir was looking at us.

No matter how mad I am at Richard but I cannot insult him in front of someone as soon as Kabir left, I took off the jacket and threw it on him.

"What the hell do you think of you are, what are you doing outside my apartment and how the hell did you manage to come to California all the way from New York so fast," I yelled.

"Baby, you didn't change at all and I love you this way. so, I will answer you, in the same manner, I used to. I think of myself as Richard Knight and as your boyfriend. answer for the second question is I was missing my girlfriend and I think you have forgotten your b.f is a billionaire so, I took my jet to meet my girl." He said making me angry.

"Wow, it just took you two years to realize that you miss your girlfriend. what a perfect answer am I getting after waiting for almost three years and still you have the attitude to claim me and saying you missed me."

"Really, Richard, that's all you got and how hell can I forget that you are freaked billionaire, you are a busy person so, why did you come here and waste your precious time for me."

"Baby, I know you are mad at me and I can't blame you as you have all the rights to be angry from me but please listen to once", he said.

"Richard, please I don't want to listen to you and neither do I have the time to listen to your bullshit excuses so, please just leave," I said.

I started unlocking my door and suddenly I was pulled on the shoulder it was none other than him.

"Richard what the hell are you doing put me down. Richard stop it, please stop playing with my feelings I can't live with the fear that you will leave me," I started crying.

"Shh, baby stop crying you know I can't see you cry, it hurt me seeing you like this and it hurts me more by knowing I am the reason for it," he gently opened the door and put me on the sofa.

"I know I am stupid, jerk and I don't deserve you but I can't stay away from you, I can't live without you baby. I was an idiot of thinking that by giving you time will be fine and you will be alright and you will be able to focus on your studies."

"I was wrong it complicated the things more. If you wanted to leave me or you wanted to punish me by kicking my ass it will be an honour because I deserve it." He said.

I laughed when he mentioned about the punishment and hugged him.

"You will never do any stupidity again," I said. "Never baby not even in my dreams I promise," he said. we ended up by cuddling each other on my bed.

Author's Note :

Hi guys,

Here you go another chapter, hope you all like it.

Do  let  me  know what  you  think, about  this  chapter  through  your voting and comments.

Happy reading ❤

Until next time,

Take care :)

Antessia