thirteen

When I had finally gotten back to ryders house the streetlights were lighting up the gated community and his house lights were on.

When maze pulled in the drive I grabbed all my bags and thanked her for such a good and told her we will have to do it again soon.

All I wanted to do now was lay in my bed and try to sleep my life away. If that's even possible.

I had managed to haul all my bags up the driveway and wave goodbye to Maze, I somehow managed to open the front door and successfully get myself inside without breaking a limb.

I was almost in the lounge room when I heard footsteps running and then something colliding into me, knocking me flat onto the floor causing me to drop all of my bags next to me.

"Oh my God Flo!" Yelled a familiar voice.

"Hey, Alex." I laughed as he gave me a hand up.

"You're finally home!" Yelled a voice around the corner.

I walked around the corner into the big white kitchen to be met with a massive mess.

It was crazy how much flour was scattered on the kitchen bench and on the floor, there were heaps of eggshells resting on the bench with egg whites still leaking out of them, then to top it all off was Ryder.

He was standing in front of the stove with a frying pan in his hand, a big bowl of some sort of mixture next to him and a plate which was stacked perfectly with golden pancakes.

"Hey, gorgeous I missed you." Ryder said as I investigated him with a smirk.

"What are you too doing." I said with a laugh looking at all the mess they had made but I felt bad for Martha who would most likely have to clean it all up.

"Cooking pancakes duh." Ryder said turning around showing off his cooking apron that was covered in flour and had the words 'kiss the cook' placed along the front in large white letters.

"What are you wearing?" I laughed as he looked down at his apron.

"Its called an apron, maybe you should do what it says." he smirks evilly at me.

"No thanks, I'm good." I laughed, not being able to take him seriously.

"Please." He pouted.

"No, I don't wanna get a disease." I said sobering up from laughing so hard.

"Pleas-" He tried to say when something fell from the ceiling and dropped onto his silky, yet perfectly messy brown hair.

I looked up in the direction of where the sticky batter-like substance came from and I noticed it was exactly like the pancake mixture.

"Alex! I thought you said you didn't get any on the roof!" Ryder yelled at Alex who was about to bite into a pancake.

"I-I May have lied." he said shyly his face turning red.

"That is the last time I let you try and flip pancakes." He said as another bit of pancake fell from the roof.

I shook my head at them as I sat down at the table and waited patiently for Ryder to bring over the stack of pancakes and multiple toppings.

We all dug into the huge stack, ice cream and syrups. after about a few minutes we stopped stuffing our faces and just sat there trying to let all of the delicious food digest.

"Maze took me to sunset cove today." I said excitedly trying to break the silence.

"Did she take you to Oceanside Cafe?" Alex asked with his mouthful.

"Yeah I met Jay he said that his manager is looking for more workers and I should bring in my resume." I smiled.

"You don't need a job." Ryder said sternly.

"I think its a great idea." Alex said excitedly

"No! I can pay for everything she needs or wants." Ryder said as he balled his hands into fists.

"Ryder calm down." I said softly.

"Well, you don't need a job Flo! You're not getting one and that's it!" He yelled banging the table, getting up and making his way angrily upstairs and to get his point across even more he slammed his door shut.

Alex and I sat in awkward silence for a few minutes before we decided to give the kitchen a quick clean so that Martha didn't have heaps to do.

He soon left after watching a movie, we were both too scared to go upstairs where Ryder was.

I took my bags of clothes upstairs and put them away into my cupboard, once I had folded and put them where I wanted them I went for a quick shower and got dressed into a baggy shirt and some pyjama shorts.

I tucked myself into my bed and laid there in the dark when a soft knock echoed through the silent room.

"Flo?" whispered a soft voice.

"Are you awake?" It asked quietly.

"Yeah, I'm a awake." I said as Ryder came into my room and laid right next to me.

"I'm sorry for snapping." He whispered.

"It's okay." I sighed as he drapped his arm on my stomach.

"None of what I said was okay. it was rude and if you want a job then I guess I can't stop you.. it's just." He said taking a long pause

"I don't want you to get busy and forget about me." He whined like a little kid.

"I wouldn't forget about you, I live with you and go to school with you, don't be such a drama queen." I laughed rolling my eyes.

"Yeah maybe I did overreact a bit, its just today sucked. You weren't there all day and well I guess I missed you." he said pulling me closer and instantly nuzzling his face into my neck as I ran my fingers through his freshly washed hair.

"There' still a chance I might not get the job." I pointed out.

"They would be silly not to hire you." He sighed.

"I'll help you write a resume and tomorrow ill take you to hand it in." He said giving in.

"Oh my god, thank you Ryder." I said excitedly wrapping my arms around his neck.

"That is on one condition." He said I could instantly feel the smirk plastered to his face.

"And what's that?" I asked nervously.

"I get to cuddle you again tonight." He yawned.

"Deal." I said sleepily.

"Goodnight gorgeous." He said kissing the top of my head and snuggling into me.

"Goodnight Ryder." I said as I shut my eyes and instantly let the darkness consume me.

***

Hey hi hello

Hey hi hello

I hope you like this chapter!!

Please let me know what you think, I feel like I could be rushing the cute stuff a bit but it's just so fun to write.

Please don't forget to comment and vote💗