twenty-seven

I lent my head against the window watching as the scenery flashed past me. I watched as we went past the school and then towards the forest, this wasn't the right way.

"Ryder?" I asked cautiously, not wanting to make him mad.

"Yes flower?" He asked as his eyes were focused on the road in front of him.

"W-where are we going?" I asked softly.

"Some where." He said with a cheeky grin looking over at me.

"Please tell me." I whined as he looked back on the toad and I lent my head back onto the window.

"No, we are almost there." He said as he turned down a very familiar road.

"Oh my goodness!" I yelled as I realised where we were.

He kept going all the way down the no through road until we came to the small vine covered gate. Ryder looked over at me as I had a massive smile on my face as he jumped out and quickly opened the gate.

He kept his promise. Maybe he isn't the scary gang leader, maybe he really is still the same old Ryder that found me lying on the park bench.

I was brought out of my thoughts when Ryder's car started moving down along the dirt path making its way towards the clearing with the small, wooden cabin and the path leading down to the waterfall.

"Why did you bring me here? I thought you wanted to go home." I said as we both sat in silence.

"Like I said I want to talk to you, about everything that's happened lately. I don't want any distractions so that's why we are here." He said lowly gripping he steering wheel nervously.

"And I promised." He said winking jumping out of the car.

I followed him down towards the path that leads to the waterfall. I walked closely behind him as we neared the crystal clear water, he led me over to a massive rock that was close to the rock wall and was half submerged in the glistening pool of water.

We sat down and listened to the water gush down the rocks of the wall and splashing down onto the gorgeous water. The calls of birds could be heard from a few meters away and in the distance you could hear the soft mating calls of deer.

"Why did you run away? I've given you a place to stay, a warm bed and food in your belly and you just ran away from that." He said softly sounding like what I had done really hurt him.

"I-I thought you didn't want me there anymore, Ryder You're a g-gang leader your dangerous." I said softly not being able to look at him.

"Yes, I'm a gang leader but I'd never ever hurt you and I'd never let anyone else hurt you." He said moving closer to me.

He wrapped a stronger arm around my waist and pulled me in between his legs and nuzzled his head In the crook of my neck like he always does.

"I know you won't but I saw." I paused hesitantly, not knowing if I should tell him that I know that he killed someone.

"You saw what?" He asked concerned as he rubbed patterns into my leg.

"I-I saw you kill someone." I whispered.

He froze instantly in his spot, it seemed like he even stopped breathing for a few minutes.

"What?" Ryder asked in disbelief.

"Y-you were in an a-ally way and you punched him, y-you kept asking him questions about my f-father." I said softly as he started massaging my leg again soothingly.

"Flo, I can explain." Ryder seemed to panic as if he was about to loose something that meant the world to him and that he couldn't let go of .

"H-he was apart of your dads gang, I caught him in my territory I chased him into that ally way." He paused trying to figure out what to say next.