twenty-nine

F L O ' S P O V

I was sitting down on the off white coloured concrete stairs that lead to to the entrance of the school.

I some how managed to have texted Ryder at least twenty million times in the last few minutes. I'm not being one of 'those' girls, it's just I'm dying to go home and it's most likely going to rain any minute.

I watched as the clouds faded from their normal white, fluffy, peaceful spots in the sky as they change into deep grey, heavy, pulled apart Cotton like shapes that seemed to swallow the once blue sky.

Half of the cars in the car park had disappeared, leaving gaps around the other half that seemed scattered, but there was still two very familiar cars parked in the car park.

"Hey Flo." A voice said tapping me on the shoulder and half scaring the living day lights out of me.

"Hey Jace." I said turning around to see Jace behind me, confusion clear on his face.

"Why are you sitting here by your self?" He asked looking around.

"I'm waiting for Ryder. Do you know where he is?" I asked starting to get worried.

"No sorry." He said walking down a few steps in-front of me so that he was facing me.

"Oh okay." I said looking down and checking my phone.

The thing about Ryder is that he always responds or lets me know if he's going to be late. So that's why I'm majorly worried.

"It looks like it's going to rain and we have to start the biology assignment, so want to come over to mine?" Jace asked with a cheeky grin and offering me his hand.

"Ugh yeah sure." I smiled.

I took his hand, allowing him to help me up off of the steps, to my surprise he held my hand in his and pulled me towards his car.

He stopped in-front of a very expensive looking car, it was white and had 'Audi r8' in small silver letters on the side.

He got into the drivers seat as I climbed into the passenger seat. He put the keys in the ignition and the car came roaring to life and instantly speeding off out of the school parking lot.

After a few minutes of silence I started thinking about whether I should text Ryder where I am and what I'm doing or just not bother.

The guilt ate away at me so I sent him a text saying:

"I'm going to Jace's house to start the group assignment, ill be home later."

"So what's the assignment about again?" Jace asked as I turned off my phone and grabbed out the assignment task sheet from my bag.

"You and your partner are required to choose a plant and grow it from a small seed. You are to record the height and how much water you are giving it and roughly where you put it every fortnight." I read out off of the yellow assignment cover.

"Okay cool, lets go to Home Depot and choose a plant." He said turning right down the main road and towards the store.

This will will be interesting.

***

We walked into Home Depot and make our way towards the garden section of the store which is at the very back and extends out into a big nursery.

I followed Jace down an isle that contained fancy looking pots, watering cans, pitting mix and lastly plant seeds.

"What about this one?" Jace asked picking up a packet that had the word 'rose' written on it.