seventeen

"Do we have a Problem here?" Growled a voice.

Chills instantly ran down my back and I instantly recognised the husky voice. His voice was as smooth as honey but his tone was the complete opposite it was very stern like he was ready to attack.

"Why would we have a problem?" Jace asked as if he didn't just snap at me.

"I heard what I heard and I definitely didn't like the tone you were using with Flo." Ryder said sharply as he wrapped an arm around my lower shoulders, he lightly massaged little patterns into my lower arm, he was obviously trying to calm himself down.

"Bro you need to calm down we were having a conversation about English." Jace said just as sternly as Ryder had.

"Don't call me bro." Ryder said spitting his words out.

"Whatever I don't have time for your bullshit." Jace said rolling his eyes.

"Oh Flo can you come over here with me for a second, I have to ask you something." Jace said as he ripped me out of ryders grasp by the wrist. My small wrist stung from the force and how tight he had his hand wrapped around mine.

"Just go to the car I'll be there in a second." I said softly as Ryder started to protest but reluctantly did what I said and made his way to his range rover.

"I know I shouldn't have snapped at you but I want you to keep the money." He said trying to pass it to me again, I shook my head no.

"Fine." he said rolling his eyes.

"Let's go!" Yelled a very impatient voice that could only belong to Ryder.

"Oh and Flo." Jace said as I started to walk away.

"Keep your gaud dog away from me or you'll regret it." He said and then disappearing into the car park.

What the hell just happened.

The car ride home consisted of Ryder calling Jace inappropriate names and how he would happily kick his arse.

I, on the other hand, was worried about what Jace said. 'Keep your guard dog away from me or else.' He sounded so evil, so despicable, so villain like it was definitely not the Jace I know.

Maybe he was going through some stuff at home or maybe Ryder made him so mad that he felt the need to threaten me, to take his anger out on me.

"Are you okay?" Ryder asked softly and more importantly concerned.

I wanted to say no because, In reality, I wasn't okay. Last night I had managed to have another nightmare and he wasn't there, I wasn't okay waking up this morning because he wasn't there and I wasn't okay during school because I hardly slept because he wasn't there.

Why am I so dependant on this boy its sort of really pathetic.

"I'm fine." I smiled at him as he pulled into the driveway. there were two other cars parked on the side of the road, one was definitely Alex's and the other was Maze's.

"I know your not and I know you want to know where I was last night, I can explain." He said taking a deep breath as he turned off his car

"Grayson called me saying that he had an emergency and needed me to come to Riverview. So that's why I wasn't there last night and this morning. I'm so sorry, please forgive me." He said sounding guilty.

"Yes, of course, I forgive you." I laughed jumping out of the car and following him towards the house.

"I love your jacket by the way." He smirked as we walked through the front door.