twenty-four

Last night was a rough one to say the least.

It was like I was sleeping with a hibernating grizzly bear, that had wrapped itself in all the blankets leaving me with none and sprawled out on the bed yet again leaving me with hardly any room.

Don't even get me started on the snoring.

I woke up to mazes tanned arm flung into me and her legs spread out like a starfish. She had drool running down her face as her mouth was wide open which was letting out a snoring noise.

Let me tell you, it wasn't a nice snoring either.

I rubbed my eyes ridding them of sleep, I also stretched my arms out and checked my phone. The small numbers read out 7:45.

"Maze wake up! We're going to be late!" I panicked quickly getting up from her bed and grabbing out some clothes.

"Oh shit sorry." She said yawning.

"Hurry up school starts in fifteen minutes." I said pulling on a jumper baggy jumper while pulling down my Pyjama pants and replacing them with black ripped jeans.

"Chill out we have heaps of time." She says rolling her eyes and pulling off the blankets that were tightly wrapped around her frame.

"It'll take you probably ten minutes to get changed and then five minutes to just walk down to the car." I said trying to be stern.

"Flo it's okay I won't take long." She said whole looking through her clothes.

Famous last words.

While I was waiting for Maze to get ready I remembered I sadly had work straight after school, but we have a slight problem.

My uniform is still hanging up in my room... at Ryder's.

I contemplated calling in sick yeah I know pathetic but I really don't want to see or talk to him right now I'm still sort of mad at him.

I gave in and texted him asking if he could bring my work outfit to school and give it to me, he ended up texting back when Maze and I managed to finally get into her car, he replied with an 'ok'.

I sighted in relief as maze had sped off in the direction to school, we only had five minutes until classes started and it was ten minute drive.

After about five minutes of Maze going way over the speed limit, almost taking out an old lady and going through three red lights, we had managed to get a park at forest view high school parking lot in record timing.

We ran up the hall towards our lockers, shoving our bags into them and grabbing our our text books and note pads for our class. We ran too it just as the first bell rang and we sat at the back.

Thank goodness we made it.

The first class went fast as maze and I tried to catch our breaths from how daddy we had ran to get to the class on time.

Then second period was horrible, the whole class was spent with Ryder burning holes into the side of my head as I sat next to jace. I wanted to look at him and say something but I refrained.

Once the bell had gone I raced out of the classroom at lightning speed, I couldn't take any more of Ryder's heated stare.

I survived lunch by sitting outside by myself, I need some Flo time. I hadn't been by myself since I've been staying at Ryder's. It's weird, I'm always with someone, I'm never by myself unless I'm showering and sometimes sleeping of course.

I was so used of being by myself that now being by myself felt weird but good at the same time.

I was broken out of my thoughts as someone stood in front of me, blocking the warm Sunday's that heated up my skin.