⇢ Chapter 4.

Chapter 4.

It was a quiet afternoon as Shota sat at his desk unable to write. He was having trouble thinking of what to do about his next book. Shota can't think of a topic or what he wants in a story. As he was thinking he heard a knock on the door. Shota wasn't expecting someone debates whether to get the door or not, but decides to after the person kept ringing the damn bell.

"What?!" Shota snap at the person. "Sorry there grumpy, I was wondering if you have some sugar." Touya asked with his hands in his pocket, a stupid smirk on his stupid face. Shota looked at Touya debating if he should just punch in the face or in the balls.

"NO!" Shota snarled as he was about to slam the door. "Ah, come on, help your neighbor out. I haven't been smoking in the house so see, I'm being a good neighbor." Touya says as he smiles at Shota.

"Fine, wait here." Shota grumbles. "You're not gonna invite me in?" Touya says jokingly. "Do you want the sugar, yes or no?" Shota snaps as he puts his hands out for Touya to give him the cup for the sugar. Touya just laughs as he hands him the cup. Shota goes inside and gets the sugar, he was very close to mix the sugar with salt but decided against it, maybe he should have.

"Here. Now leave me alone, I'm working." Shota say as he shoves the cup back to Touya. "Did you put salt in it?" Touya asked while checking the sugar. Shota should have punched him in the balls and put salt instead of the sugar. "I should have, you dumbass." Shota snarls as he tries to close the door. Touya starts laughing, "I like you. You say what's on your mind. Thanks for the sugar. Oh, one of my co worker gave me a cake but I don't like sweets, do you think Kitty would like it?" Touya asked.

"Like I'm gonna give her something from you, Lord knows what would be in it." Shota say, desperately trying to close the door but Touya won't move his damn foot. "I know I may look like a bad guy but I wouldn't give something to Kitty that would hurt her. I'm not heartless." Touya says. Shota sensed that Touya is not lying and hesitantly accepts the cake. Touya goes back inside his place to get the cake to give to Shota, "Thanks.. Eri would like this. And thanks for not smoking in the house.." Shota mumbles as he walks in the house.

"No problem, just hope Kitty will see I'm not a bad guy." Touya says as he leaves to go back to his place. Shota places the cake on top of the counter and realize it's a cake from Chiyo's diner. "This dumbass didn't have to lie about someone giving him the cake, he could have said he bought it for her." Shota thought while laughing. As he stares at the cake, an idea hits him for his next story. He runs to his desk and starts writing. A few hours has passed and Hizashi came home with Eri and Hitoshi.

"Daddy, we're home!" Eri exclaims loudly. Shota just waves at them as he continue writing. "Ah, dad is in his zone. Come Eri, let's go upstairs and I'll help you with your homework." Hitoshi says as he walks with Eri upstairs. They already know when Shota is in his zone to leave him alone. Hizashi orders food for the family and cleans up seeing that Shota hasn't since he has been writing non stop.

After a few hours, "Papa did Daddy eat yet?" Eri asks as she walks down the stairs after getting up. "No, not yet, but don't worry baby, I'll make sure Daddy eats. Now go back to bed, it's late." Hizashi replied as he gets up from the table where he was grading papers. Eri looks at Shota who hasn't stopped writing, worried about her Daddy.

"Do you wanna kiss Daddy goodnight?" Hizashi asked with a small smile and Eri shakes her head yes. They walk over to Shota, "goodnight daddy" Eri says as she leans in to kiss Shota cheeks. Shota just mumbles goodnight to Eri without stopping. Eri looking sad and tells Hizashi goodnight before heading back upstairs. "I love that he can write such amazing books but I hate when he just ignore everyone especially Eri.." Hizashi thinks to himself. By the time Shota finally stops writing it's already 5 in the morning. He sees Hizashi laying on the couch and realizes that everyone was home and the food on the table.

"Shit, I was in the zone and didn't realize they was home.." Shota thought. "Hey, you finally out of your zone." Hizashi mumbles as he gets up, rubbing his eyes. "Yeah, sorry." Shota apologizes.

"Well the one you need to say sorry to is to Eri. She was so worried. You know she hates when you're in the zone because you don't sleep or eat." Hizashi says as he kisses Shota on his head as he leaves to the room. Shota hates making Eri sad so he decides to make her breakfast and take it to her. "Good morning, baby." Shota whispers as he kisses Eri on the head. "Daddy," Eri says sleepy.

"I made breakfast for us so let's eat together." Shota shows Eri the breakfast he made for them. She smiles as she sits up and they both enjoy there meal. "Sorry baby for making you worry." Shota break the silence as he frowns at his daughter.

"It's okay, Daddy. I know you work hard but please don't forget to eat at least." Eri replied as she smiles at her father. Shota just smiles and pinches Eri on her cheek making her laugh.

"Daddy, who's cake was that in the kitchen?" Eri questions. "Oh.. Touya bought it for you. He wants to be friends with us so he got you a cake." Shota says as he grabs the plates to take to the kitchen. "Oh, well it was good me, papa and Toshi ate some. It's Granny Chiyo's cakes. I can tell it's her cakes from any other." Eri says proudly.

"I know you can. Well later today we can knock on his door and thank him, okay?" Shota says as he walks out. Eri just nods her head, agreeing with Shota as she tries to lay back down. "Hey, no sleeping, time to get up for school." Shota says with laugh as he hears Eri groans.

Before Eri leaves, she gives Shota a note to give to Touya. "Please give this to Touya. I'm still a little nervous with him." Eri says in a whisper as she nervously smiles at him. Shota just smiles and gives a kiss on the forehead before telling her okay. Shota being a protective dad and being nosy he looks at the letter:

"Thank you for the cake. Granny Chiyo cakes are the best right? I know it is because that my granny!!" hearts and smiley faces follow after. "I'm still a little scared of new people so please don't be mad at me for not thanking you in person," now sad faces. "Hope to be friends one day. And be nice to daddy, he is working very hard. Thank you again for the cake. Eri!" more smiley faces and hearts.

Shota just smiles at the letter. He folds it back up and then slide it under Touya's door. Later that afternoon he hears a knock on the door.

"What?!" Shota snarls. "Damn, are you always grumpy?" Touya asks with a laugh. "Here, a note for Kitty." Touya says as he hands the note to Shota before walking away before he can reply. Shota looks at the note and laughs:

"Hey Kitty, you're very welcome. And yeah, Chiyo's cakes are the best." Smiley faces follows. "Maybe one day we can eat the cake together. And don't worry, I can never be mad at you Kitty. I hope we can be friends, too, and your daddy can stop being grumpy with me lol. See you around Kitty. Touya." Shota just smiles at the letter and thinks maybe Touya isn't so bad. He folds up the letter and leaves it on Eri table in her room for her to read it.

_________________________________

I sense a friendship growing or Shota planning to punch Touya in the balls, who knows!! 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️