⇢ Chapter 5.

Chapter 5.

It's Thursday morning and Shota is sitting at the kitchen table lost in his thoughts. He just got a call from Eri's caseworker and it wasn't good. As much as he didn't want to meet Nemuri, he knew he had too and besides, he wanted to talk to her about the phone call. He got up and got dress, he wasn't in the mood to wear a suit so he just wore the pants and button up shirt. He put his hair in a messy bun and left.

"Wow, looking sexy there Grumpy." Touya says with a smile. Shota was not in the mood to deal with Touya and just ignored him. "Wow, okay, I'm giving you a complement and you ignore me.. I'm telling Kitty." Touya jokes. Touya and Eri has been talking with each other through little notes, Shota and Hizashi lets it happen because Eri seems to enjoy the notes Touya leaves for her. He even got a note pad with cat design on it.

"Sorry, I'm just not in the mood today to deal with anyone." Shota mumbles with a sigh. "Oh okay, anything I can help with? I'm good listener." Touya says as he pats the chair next to him for Shota to sit down.

"Nah, I'm good, besides I have to go. I'm already running late. But thanks." Shota says as he locks his door and walks away. "Okay, well if you ever wanna talk I'll be here." Touya says loudly. Shota just waves as he keeps walking. Shota arrives at Nemuri's office, just taking one look at Shota and Nemuri knew something was wrong. "Whats going on Shota?" Nemuri asked.

"The guy wants to take a DNA test and if it comes out that Eri is his, he wants custody. He wants to take her away from me." Shota says as tears starts steaming down his face. Nemuri hugs Shota, "It's okay, we will fight it no one is taking her away. I don't care what we have to do but Eri is ours." Nemuri says.

"Is everything okay?" Enji asked as he walks in Nemuri's office. "Yeah, everything is fine." Shota says as he wipes his tears. Enji walks over to Nemuri's desk and write down a number. "Here, call Tensei. He is a family lawyer and one of the best. He will help you, Eri won't be taken away from you. I'll make sure of that." Shota and Nemuri just stares at Enji in shock as he walks out of the office.

"Wow, so he isn't a compete asshole like everyone thinks." Nemuri says with a smile. "Guess the accident changed him." Shota replies with a small shrug. "Well, lets call now." Nemuri says as she takes the number and calls. After speaking to Tensei and finding out that he is Tenya's older brother, he agreed to take the case. He told Shota that he would take the case for free and not to worry about it.

"My soon to be father in law already told me about your case so don't worry, I'll make sure Eri stays with her family." Tensei tells Shota. Shota also finds out that Tensei is marrying Enji's daughter, Fuyumi; so many connections. Shota, relieved, heads home to tell Hizashi what's going on when he gets a text from Hizashi telling him he will be home late, that one of the teachers is getting married and they are all going out for drinks. Shota, not wanting to ruin Hizashi's mood, decides to not tell him until he gets home. When he gets home, he is shocked to see Eri talking to Touya.

"Daddy, welcome home!" Eri exclaims as she runs to Shota. "Hey baby, what are you doing outside?" Shota asked as he picks her up. "I was going to put my note under Touya's door and he opened it. And um.. um the door is locked." Eri says in a whisper. "Why didn't you knock on the door, isn't Toshi home?" Shota ask as he walks to the door. "He's fighting with Deku.." Eri says sadly, frowning deeply.

"I been keeping her company until her brother opened the door." Touya says as he gets up from the chair. "Thanks, lets go inside now." Shota said. Eri says bye to Touya and right when Shota was about to put his key inside, Hitoshi opens the door.

"Now you realize your sister is missing." Shota says firmly making Hitoshi jump a bit. "Dad I'm—" Hitoshi unable to finish his sentence.

"Get inside, NOW." Shota snarls. Hitoshi immediately knew he fucked up and walks inside. "Don't be to hard on him, Grumpy." Touya calls out before walking inside his place before Shota can snap at him too. Shota walks in the house and sends Eri upstairs.

"What the hell Toshi, didn't you realize that Eri wasn't home?" Shota snaps at Hitoshi. "Dad I'm sorry, I thought she was in the room. I didn't hear the door!" Hitoshi tells his dad.

"Lord knows how long she was out there and what if Touya wasn't there? What the hell do you think would have happen?!" Shota yells."Why am I getting yelled at?! She went out there by herself!" Hitoshi yelled back, getting angry.

"Don't worry, she gonna get it too but right now I'm yelling at you because you're older, you should have known better. I don't know what the hell is going on with you and Deku but you can't let that get in the way of you watching your sister. What if the case worker came and saw her outside by herself? Do you know whats going on? She could be taken from us, do you want that?!" Shota yelled, his voice cracking.

"Dad—Dad, I'm sorry. But whats going on? Why would Eri be taken away?" Hitoshi asked, his anger fading away but instead, he grew worried.

"I'll explain to you later when Hizashi gets home but please, don't do this again." Shota practically begged, shaking his head. Hitoshi only nods his heads. Shota walks upstairs to talk to Eri.

"I'm sorry Daddy, don't be mad at Toshi, it's my fault." Eri said quickly the moment Shota walked into her room. "I'm mad at both of you. I know you enjoy your note trading with Touya but you can't just leave without telling anyone. If you saw that Toshi was busy then you should have waited for me or Papa. What if it was Touya's roommate who opened the door or someone else you don't know? You're lucky Touya was home. Promise me you won't do that again." Shota lectured, sitting next to Eri. Eri made her promise then Shota punishes both of them and they went to bed early that night. Shota lays in bed tired after the day he had and fell asleep.

Hizashi gets home to find everyone sleeping, or thought everyone was sleeping. "Papa!" Eri says half sleepy, tiredly running to the blond. "Hey baby, why are you up?" Hizashi asked as he picks up Eri. "Papa, I made Daddy mad today, I hope he doesn't hate me." Eri said, her voice cracking with tears watering her eyes.

"Oh baby, Daddy can never hate you. Tell me what happened." Hizashi asked and so, Eri tells him everything. "Ah baby, I know he's mad and he has the right to be but he will never hate you. Just make sure you never do that again, okay?" Hizashi said soothingly, running his fingers through his daughter's hair.

Eri nods her head and finally able to really fell asleep. Hizashi walks out of Eri room after putting her to bed and finds Hitoshi sitting on the stairs, half asleep then wakes up when he sees Hizashi. "Pops, something is up with Dad and I think it might have something to do with Eri adoption." Hitoshi stated, he didn't want to sugar coat anything and wanted to get to whats bothering Shota.

"I'll talk to him in the morning, then.. Looks like a lot happen today, huh?" Hizashi says with a light laugh. Hitoshi just gets up and heads back to his room. Hizashi just sits on the stairs for a moment before heading to his room. Shota is sleeping but Hizashi can tell he was crying. "Lord please, don't let this be bad." Hizashi says to himself as he lays next Shota. Hoping that whatever is bothering Shota would only be temporary.

—————————————————————-
Who is this bastard claiming to be Eri dad?! And what's going on with Hitoshi and Deku?! So many questions and I'm the damn author 😂😂 Okay Okay I'll stop now. Until next week.. oh wait it's every two weeks so until two weeks 😄

Sorry I'm trying to be funny but guess I'm not 🤦🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️