⇢ Chapter 23.

Chapter 23.

Eri was sitting next to Kaoruko, crying, but not as much as before with Kaoruko merely holding Eri's hand, trying to comfort her as much as possible. "We are here." Mirai says as they pull into the driveway. The house was huge, almost as big as a mansion.

"Wow! Toshi wasn't lying when he said Shoto is rich..." Eri says as she wipes away her tears. She gets out the car holding her Hello Kitty Hitoshi gave her for Valentines. The door opens and standing there was Enji and Rei.

"Good evening, Mr and Mrs Todoroki." Mirai says. Enji stares at Eri who eyes were red and puffy from her crying. Eri looks up at Enji and she couldn't hold her tears back anymore. Enji just picks her up, holding her tight while rubbing her back as she cries again.

"Please, come in. Sweetie, why don't you take Eri to the living room, I'm sure her guest would love to see her." Rei says to Mirai and Kaoruko. Enji just walks in, still holding a crying Eri.

"Guest?" Mirai asked.

"Yes. I'm sorry, once they heard, they all showed up." Enji says as they all walked in the living room to see everyone. All of class 1-A along with Mirio, Tamaki, and Nejire. Once Eri realized everyone was there, she jumped off Enji and runs to Mirio.

"I wanna go home to Daddy. Daddy gonna be sad without me. I wanna go home!" Eri says over and over again as everyone just hurdles around her.

"Is there somewhere we can talk?" Mirai asked. Rei nods and leads him to Enji office. She holds Enji's hands, leading him to the room, she can see the sadness in his eyes. "Well, you know the rules of Eri being here, correct?" Mirai asked as he sits down.

"Yes, Shota and Hizashi are not allowed to be here or us taking Eri there." Enji said.

"As well as Hitoshi." Mirai reminds them.

"Yes, we know. Hizashi called a few moments ago. He explained what happened." Rei says.

"As well as no phone calls. You have to be very careful and follow all the rules. I will be doing surprise visits and will be working with the courts to see what's the best course of action will be for Eri. I know this is a very hard time for everyone. But, I cannot stress enough do not do anything that will jeopardize Eri case." Mirai says firmly.

"Yes, of course, we don't want to cause any issues for Eri or Shota. We want her to be with her family and will do everything we can to make sure that happens." Rei says with reinsurance.

"Well, knowing that asshole lawyer, he's gonna dig into my past." Enji says with a sigh.

"Is there something I should know?" Mirai asked.

"Honey, you don't.." Rei says before being cut off.

"Sweetie, we need to. For Eri." Enji says, holding Rei hands. Rei knows this will be hard for Enji, for the whole family, but it needs to be done. She just nods giving Enji the okay. Enji tells Mirai about the family's past, Mirai sits there, listening to everything.

"Thank you for being honest. Before coming here, I did look into both of you and I didn't find none of this. But, I have to ask why do you think Mr. Kurono will?" Mirai asked.

"He may have something you don't. I can't be 100% sure, but he has someone very close to my past..." Enji says with a hint of sadness. Rei glances at Enji, wondering what he is talking about, but doesn't question him.

"I understand. If he does bring this up it won't be a surprise. Well, that is all for now. I'll see you soon. Oh, please bring Eri to my office Monday's, Tuesday's, Thursday's and Friday's at 3pm." Mirai says as he shakes Enji's and Rei's hands. They both agreed and walked Mirai out the office, as they were walking back to the living room, they see Eri asleep in Shoji's arms, wrapped in a blanket.

"Poor thing cried herself to sleep." Kaoruko mutters as she walks to Mirai. He looks over and just lightly smiles.

'She will be okay,' Mirai thinks to himself.

Meanwhile, Shota is laying on Eri's bed, holding the stuff animals she left behind, finally asleep. "Pop, we should move him..." Hitoshi mutters.

"No, let's leave him there. He finally stopped crying. If we wake him, he might start again. Oh, and call Nemuri and Nori, I forgot to call them." Hizashi says as he pulls a blanket over Shota.

"Eri, will be back home right?" Hitoshi asked sadly, frowning.

"Yes, she will. I don't care what I have to do, but she will be back home. I swear, we will have our family together again." Hizashi says with full confidence.
____________________________________________________
I'm so sad and it's only gonna get worst.