⇢ Chapter 18.

Chapter 18.

Shota was laying in bed, thinking about the meeting yesterday. He still couldn't believe that "Tanaka" is Kai. Shota got up and looks at his phone to see messages from Tensei, Nemuri, Toshinori, Hitoshi, Hizashi and from an unknown number. He looks at everyone else text which was them basically checking up on him. Hizashi saying he wished he stayed home. Shota had to kick him out to go to work. Of course Hizashi whines like a little baby. Then, Shota looked at the unknown text and it was from Kai.

unknown:
Hey Sho meet me at xx cafe.

unknown:
Let's talk. Don't worry I won't do anything, I just want to talk

Shota sat there, his heart pounding so fast he thought it would explode. Shota was about to text Tensei about Kai when he decided not to.

shota:
How did you get my number?

unknown:
You know I always find a way. Please Sho meet me at the cafe.

Shota:
Fine. What time?

unknown:
1pm. can't wait to see you Sho ;)

"Fuck, what the hell am I doing?" Shota thought to himself. It was 9am so Shota still had time before meeting Kai, so he decided to clean up.

While doing laundry he heard a knock at the door. Shota opens to see Touya. "Oh wow, no yelling or complaining." Touya says joking.

"I'm tried. What you want?" Shota grumbles, glaring at the man in front of him.

"Sugar. My crackhead roommate used all my damn sugar even though I hid it." Touya explains with a heavy sigh. Shota only laughs and allows Touya inside. "You good, Grumpy? You look worn out..." Touya asked, concerned.

"Yeah, I'm just.." Shota hesitated before being cut off.

"Tired," Touya finishes for him. Shota just sighed at Touya and for some reason tears started to fall. "Hey, hey, are you ok?! Why are you crying?" Touya rushed to Shota.

"I'm sorry, it's just that... my ex is Eri's real father and he wants... he..." Shota was unable to finish.

'Shit, so that's why that fucking bastard is obsessed with him. Fucking Kai,' Touya thought to himself. "Hey, come on, sit down. Let me get you so water..." Touya says as he sat Shota down at the table and gets him a glass of water. After some time, Shota calms down and explained to Touya about what happened at the office and his relationship with Kai.

"He wants to meet today. I know I shouldn't, but maybe I can talk to him about leaving Eri with me. She's my everything. I'll die without her," Shota explains as tears formed again.

"Hey! Listen to me, you are her father. This is her home. I think you shouldn't meet with him... or at least let your lawyer know. You don't want to risk your case right?" Touya offers, gulping nervously. 'Shit Touya, shut up.' Touya thinks to himself.

"I know, you're right. I'll let Tensei know. Thanks, Touya." Shota says with a small smile. He gets up and gives Touya a new bag of sugar. "Make sure you hide it better from your roommate."

"Thanks Shota, that bastard will find it, damn crackhead always finds it." Touya shook his head with a laugh. Touya leaves and Shota texts Tensei about the meeting. Of course, Tensei says not to go but then decides it's best if he does. He tells Shota to stop by his office first. Shota agrees.

He heads over to Tensei's office and when he walked in, he saw Shoto and his mother, Rei. "Hey, half-and-half, what are you doing here?" Shota greeted causing Rei to laugh at the nickname.