⇢ Chapter 25.

Chapter 25.

As the case began, the judge called up Sasaki to the stand and talk about his finding of the case. "Mr. Sasaki, you have visited both the homes of Mr. Chaski and the Aizawa's home, as well. What concerns do you have regarding both homes?" The judge asks Sasaki.

"Yes, your honor. I have visited both homes. I'll start with Mr. Chaski," Sasaki says as he pulls out his folder and hands over his findings to the judge and as well as the lawyers. "As you can see, I have a few concerns. I do understand Mr. Chaski just moved into his home, but it's a small studio apartment that barely fits one person let alone a child. Mr. Chaski has stated he is looking for a bigger place but hasn't found any yet. The home is very clean and organized but the space is the issue. The other concern is lack of interest in the child. During his visit with Eri, Mr. Chaski seems very tense and irritated at moments. He also seems to be very disingenuous with his interaction with Eri." Sasaki explains, making full eye contact with Chaski who is slowly getting pissed off. "I, also, have concern about his work. When questioned he claimed he works for his family company, but I cannot find what company it is. As well as anything in Mr. Chaski's background." Sasaki says.

"Now, for the Aizawa's," Sasaki continues on, pulling out another file and again handing it to the judge as well as the lawyers. "The Aizawa's home is very well setup for Eri. She has her own room, the home is clean and organized. Both partners work. Hizashi works at UA Academy as a English teacher as well as PE. Shota is a writer at Bellfire publishing company, one of their top authors. Since he works from home, he is always there when Eri is home from school. If not, then Shota's son, Hitoshi, is home with her. I have very little concerns regarding the Aizawa's, they have been very honest about everything. No issues during the background checks. I understand Mr. Kurono did raise concern about Shota's lack of knowledge about his son. I did speak with Hitoshi's mother who explained the whole issue. Mr. Shota was lead to believe he was Hitoshi's uncle by his mother in fear of backlash from family members. Once the truth was revealed, Mr. Shota wasted no time in taking responsibility for his son, but he has always been in Hitoshi's life since birth. So, I feel like the claims Mr. Kurono made is false and unfounded." Sasaki explained making Kurono pissed.

"This motherfucker is ruining everything," Chaski whispers to Kurono.

"Don't worry, we still have him." Kurono replies with a smirk.

"And now, what is your finding on Mr. Toshinori and the Todoroki's?" The judge asked.

"Mr. Toshinori passed the drug test. I visited his home and check his background. Both are great and no issues. As for the Todoroki's, their backgrounds were checked and found no issues. Eri has been very happy there. She has her own room, home is clean and the many times I visited, Eri seemed happy and smiling." Sasaki says with a small smile.

"Thank you—" The judge was unable to finish.

"There is one more thing, your honor. Mr. Todoroki did reveal something to me about his past that was not found during his background check," Sasaki says.

Tensei seemed shocked, looking back at Enji who only gave Tensei a small nod. Tensei looks at Shota and Hizashi who both looks worried, "it's okay," Tensei says. They both looked at him, still worried, but decided to believe in him.

"And what would that be?" The judge asked.

"Mr. Todoroki has 4 children, three sons and one daughter." Sasaki says as everyone looked shocked. They knew Enji has 3 kids, but not 4. Shota looked back at Enji in shock. "His eldest son left the home at a very young age. They had a very violent past. Mr. Todoroki admitted to having anger issue and past abuse to his wife, Rei, causing them to separate. But, Mr. Todoroki has gone to therapy for his anger issues, as well as couple therapy. I have spoken to his children, but not the oldest as I have not been able to locate him. Even after hearing this I can still say I believe Eri is safe in the Todoroki home. But if, your honor, wishes to remove her, then I would highly recommend her to go with Mr. Toshinori." Sasaki explains firmly.

The courtroom was silent. This was the first time anyone ever heard about this. Both Fuyumi and Nastu was shocked that their father spoke about their brother and about the abuse. "What the hell was that old man is thinking?" Nastu whispers to Fuyumi.

"He's facing his mistakes." Fuyume says, knowing how hard it was for the whole family.

"Thank you, Mr. Sasaki. I'll take everything into account." Judge says to Sasaki who gets up and walks back to where Eri is sitting at. "Now, Mr. Kurono, I see you have a witness here." Judge says.

"Yes, I do your honor. And I'm glad Mr. Sasaki mentioned Mr. Todoroki's past because we have someone very close to him." Kurono says, glancing at Enji. Enji already knew who it was.

"Your honor, I would like to call up Mr. Todoroki Touya," Kurono says as everyone let out a shocking gasp. Touya walks in the courtroom and looks over to where his sister and brother was sitting at. He just gives them a small sad smile when he sees Fuyumi in tears. He, then, looks over to Eri who is sitting there in shock, not knowing what to do.

Hizashi was livid he wanted to run up to Touya and beat the living shit out of him. Shota didn't even bother to look at him. Touya gets up to the stand and looks over to his parents. It broke his heart seeing his mother in tears and was shock to see Enji, appearing heartbroken, as well. He notices in the corner of the room, he sees Keigo, he sees the hurt in his eyes, and Touya knew this wasn't going to end well for no one.

__________________________________________________