⇢ Chapter 29.

Chapter 29.

Ever since the whole case have started, Shota has been a mess. He could barely work, sleep, or eat, always laying in Eri's bed at night holding Midnight as he cried. Midnight would just lie with Shota and meow slightly like she was letting Shota know he will be okay. Hitoshi felt so helpless and sad as he feels like he couldn't do anything to help his dad.

After Touya was revealed to be helping Kai, Hizashi was pissed but Shota always had a feeling about Touya. He also knew Touya didn't want to testify. He could see the pain in Touya's eyes when he saw Eri crying.

Touya and his roommate hasn't been home in weeks, and Hizashi swears he will kill Touya if he sees him. Shota knows he will never return, so when Shota heard noises coming from Touya's place, he was shock. Then he heard a light knock at the door and something being left there.

Shota opens the door, catching sight of Touya walking away with a box in his hands. He looks down and sees a letter for Eri.

"If you wanna burn it, I won't blame you. I'm leaving and you will never see me again," Touya says as he walks away.

"So, you're gonna leave without saying goodbye to her? You think a letter will help? You're really a fucking dumbass." Shota says. He isn't angry, he was too broken to even feel anything.

"That's why I'm leaving. You may not believe me, but Eri will come home. Even if kills me..." Touya says looking back at Shota. Shota knows Touya is up to something, he can already see it.

Just then, Touya got a call from Rumi. "What are you planning, Touya?" Shota asked as he heard Touya agreeing to meet.

"I don't want to involve you, Shota." Touya says as he starts walking away.

Something in Shota snaps as he runs after Touya and grabs him by the arm, spinning him around and punching him in the face. "You don't want to involve me? You fucking asshole! You got involved with Kai because of what? To get back at your father? To hurt a innocent child? Because you fucking involved me the day you agreed to help Kai. So what the fuck are you doing now? If you really want to help Eri, to help Kitty, then please tell me, Touya. Please..." Shota yelled, tears falling down.

Touya was hit hard, not just the punch, but in his heart when he heard "Kitty". He missed Eri so much, he missed her letters, her smile, her laugh. Touya laughed lightly startling Shota, not because he was laughing, but because he was crying as well.

"I miss her. I miss Kitty." Touya says.

"Then tell me what you're planning. Let's get her back together." Shota says firmly as he stands and holds out his hand.

Touya smiles and grabs Shota's hand to stand up. "Meet me at this cafe in an hour. I'm meeting someone who has information about Kai. Once I get it, then I'll tell you everything." Touya says as he dust himself off and picks up his box.

Shota agrees and Touya heads off. An hour past and Shota arrives at the cafe where he sees a girl getting up from the table with Touya. Shota knows he has seen her before, but couldn't figure out where.

She walks away as Shota appears. "You made it." Touya says as he see Shota.

"Yeah. Who was that? I feel like I've seen her before." Shota says as he sits down.

"You have. She works for my father, and she best friends with Keigo." Touya replies.

"Ah, now I remember Keigo always fighting with her because she flirts too much with everyone. I think one time she may had something with Nemuri, but I doubt it." Shota says with a laugh. "So, I'm guessing Keigo is Hawks?" Shota says, making Touya choke on his water. "Ah, you have a thing for loud blonds, huh? Can't blame you, so do I." Shota says with a smile.

"Yeah, guess so... and guess my brother does, too." Touya jokes with a laugh, knowing about Shoto's and Denki's relationship.

"Here, this is everything you need to know. Do what you want with it. But quick summary, Kai just wants her money. He's apart of a small branch of one the oldest mafia family. It's not powerful, but it's not weak either. There's way more stuff, but with that, Kitty will be able to go home." Touya says.

Shota was shocked, but not surprised. Kai did mention something about that when they was dating, but he never believed him.

"If he finds out you're doing this, he will kill you." Shota said concerned.

"He already knows. Someone already raided Miriko's office looking for this. But luckily, she has many locations. I'm leaving, I'm going underground for awhile. Won't be the first time." Touya said with a smile. He didn't want to go underground, he hated it. He didn't want to leave his friends or Keigo and Eri, but he knew it would be safer that way.

"Why not tell your father? He can protect you. I don't know what happened between you two, but I can tell he loves you. Go to him." Shota plead.

"I don't want this to fall on my family. He threaten to do something to my sister already, I don't want to risk it. Especially now that she is having a baby. I'll be fine Shota. You go get Kitty back and once the heat dies down, I'll be back" Touya says with a smile.

"You better, she will be waiting." Shota says.

As they both get up and walk out of the cafe, they head to the train station. "Well I'm going this way. Make sure you beat Kai's ass and bring Kitty home." Touya says as he starts to walk into an ally.

Before Shota could say anything, he sees a car slow down and its window opening. Something shiny was poking out of the window and he realizes it's a gun pointed at Touya.

Shota yelled at Touya as he runs and pushes him out of the way, but it was to late, the gunshots rain down. As Shota fell to the ground, he could hear people screaming and yelling. He looks over and sees Touya laying face down on the floor in a pool of his own blood.

"Sir, help is coming, please stay with me. Sir!" Shota could hear someone's voice, but couldn't see them.

"I can't die. I can't leave my husband and my kids. They need me..." Shota says as the images of Hizashi, Hitoshi, Eri flashed before him. "I'm sorry Zashi... Please take care of our kids..."

"Sir! Please stay with me, Sir..." The voice slowly fades as darkness overtook his sense.

_________________________________________________
Sorry for the long update.. life was kicking my ass. But I'm back with more heartbreak and death.